Other Guitars

Fender Parallel Universe Jazz Tele

I really like this guitar. I'm trying not to think of it as a hybrid but as its own entity and I could easily see myself playing one of these. The lacquer finish is a bonus.

It would be interesting to have a Telecaster bridge pickup with a Jazzmaster neck pickup but this guitar sounds good as it is.

I would prefer a smaller Stratocaster headstock over the bigger Jazzmaster headstock though. I'm not crazy about Telecaster headstocks.

Sounds too "trebly" for me but I know thats preferred for those looking for alot of Twang ,did he even play the Neck pickup?

I really think the scratchplate needs a redesign, I get what Fender are trying to do but I loath how that damn 'plate looks.

I like it but thought I would like this color more than I do. Not a deal breaker as I am not shopping for one now anyhow and would probably just get the other color if I was. Overall it appears to be a nice guitar.

That's a nice guitar. It has the elements that I like. I'm not much of a tele shape guy, but it's a beautiful color and has enough interesting changes.

i'd have preferred that they'd done a Strat + Jazzmaster mashup instead...the Tele shape looks clunky with the add-ons.

it does sound pretty spiffy, though.

Sounds too "trebly" for me but I know thats preferred for those looking for alot of Twang ,did he even play the Neck pickup?

– LA_Manny

I had the same question/reaction. He demonstrated its "dirty" tone, and even took the time to show us how a whammy bar works, but... completely ignored the neck pickup sound. ???

Also, why not do a direct comparison/contrast with a Jazzmaster?

I think I'm too much of a purist for these mashup models. Seems a bit desperate, and not all that creative (but this feeling stems mainly from observing what's gone on at Gibson over the past couple of decades).

Register Sign in to join the conversation