Other Equipment

Seen the Trio Pedal?

Odd, it doesn't seem to loop the guitar?

Just got a call from Sweetwater. The Trio was supposed to ship in March, got shifted to April, and now is expected to ship in May. Apparently they are still working some bugs out.

Odd, it doesn't seem to loop the guitar?

– CBell

Well, it's not a looper, but rather an accompaniment generator. It creates Band-In-A-Box bass & drum parts, based on musical aspects of the guitar part played into it.

Seems kinda cool, if it actually delivers on that promise. The delays in its release are a little worrisome in that regard.

If they haven't already, they're going to sell it to me with Where is My Mind after Runaway.

Want level is...interest piqued, but does it work without being annoying? I hear the bass not playing where he had a fidgety chord, that sort of thing could make you toss it across the room.

They want $229 Canadian, at that price it's something I would be amused to get for Christmas.

At what price would I want to get it? I wanted to buy a Boss FDR-1, just so I could put a headphone amp in it, the FBM-1 went on sale for about $60, but the FDR-1 never did. It went from $250 or $300 down to $160, now discontinued, well. $120 in Quebec. I would have paid $80, they could have sold lots of them if they had put a headphone amp in it, marketing failure.

If this thing works? $150? $100? $50 if they made it an app.

Well, it's not a looper, but rather an accompaniment generator. It creates Band-In-A-Box bass & drum parts, based on musical aspects of the guitar part played into it.

Seems kinda cool, if it actually delivers on that promise. The delays in its release are a little worrisome in that regard.

– tommy59

I get that but, if you were going to build such a device wouldn't you include a looper? Seems like an obvious omission, perhaps they will have a second model later. Somebody will.

I have to admit - this would be a fun device for practicing, esp. in a power trio format. I would NEVER use one live, though. Nothing says cheesy more than canned drums and bass in a live scenario, IMHO...

I have been waiting and the delay is not a good sign. Why couldn't you just put a looper in front of this?

I have been waiting and the delay is not a good sign. Why couldn't you just put a looper in front of this?

– Mark W

Too many things to step on at just the right moment.

Are the auto drum fills throwing the rhythm out of whack?

I have been given one for my birthday, it's on order for May.

I read through the manual a few weeks ago and there are some things, like don't use syncopation, that seem strange.

I wonder if you can, or if in the future it will be possible to, play it a bass part to learn.

The manual is in a link on this page: http://digitech.com/en/prod...

Are the auto drum fills throwing the rhythm out of whack?

– crowbone

You mean does it act like a real drummer?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Interesting, but I bet there will be others out there with a looper and for less money. It would be fun to experiment with, but pretty pricey.

That was my point Bear. Thier price point and features won't hold up I don't think.

Register Sign in to join the conversation