Other Guitars

Educate me plz Mosrite

Its locally up for sale. Seller says its made in Japan. Thought Mosrite are made in the US... The neckplate seems crooked... Is it all legit? Pricewise I think it could be a fair deal if all is right

Mosrite of California / Made in Japan

https://www.willhaben.at/ia...

Mosrites were made in US until the 80s I believe or early 90s. They have been made in Japan for years now.

Zen On made the first Mosrite in Japan in 1967/68 called the Morales. I have one. See my threads on that. Then about 1969 they changed the name to Zen On and made them more accurate cosmetically. They were called the Firstman Avenger. Now the only official Mosrite made in Japan are the Filmore brand although there may be some others being made. I don't know which one is being sold that you linked to but looks real whatever Year made it is.

Trem arm missing. Not sure where to get a replacement and how to install it.

How much does that price translate into US Dollar?

That looks real. If you like it and could afford it then buy it.

Thanks for your information. Price would be 594 US dollar. Good? Thx

That's a decent price. You can get replacement arms from Hallmark Guitars, but I think they're about $75.

Thanks for your information. Price would be 594 US dollar. Good? Thx

– ChimingBell

If you can afford it buy it. Good price even with having to spend $75 on a replacement arm that Fritz mentioned.

Thanks guys. I think about it. One question still: is it just me or seems the neckplate angled way off?

Thanks guys. I think about it. One question still: is it just me or seems the neckplate angled way off?

– ChimingBell

No, not at all. That's an optical illusion because the shape of the body just above the neckplate.

No... Still thinking about it The seller lives quite a bit away... Didnt had time for travelling yet

Hello, Thanks for this post. Because education plays a vital role in human life. Without education, Life can't be better. But with education, We should increase learning skills. I am also a student and I want to improve my writing skills. So, I am focusing on edu bird site, Because this site is very helpful to improve my writing skills. This site has well-experienced experts and I am spending more time with this site expert.

Semie Mosley built his guitars in California until he went bankrupt in 1968. He later built some in Oklahoma & Arkansas before he died in 1992. The Mosrite name today is owned by a company called Fillmore, and they are built in Japan by Tokai. The Japanese models are fairly recent, and I know nothing about the quality. They are also one of the most counterfitted guitars in the world.

I find the quality as good as any other Japanese made guitar such as Gretsch or Fender. I like mine and would recommend Mosrites made in Japan. This is my Fillmore made about 2005 or 06. I say about because I bought used a couple years ago.

Register Sign in to join the conversation