Other Guitars

Duo Jet Clones?

I was wondering if there ever have been Duo Jet clones made, like the countless Tele, Strat and Les Paul copies? I only came accross a Dillion Duo-Jet on Ebay once. Other than that I can only think of guitars where the Jet might has been the inspiration, like the Schecter Solo Vintage.

There is a LOT

...more work to do it all from scratch, relative to plank guitars.

There is a LOT

– riz

There is a LOT

– riz

Do you got some brand names? I never noticed any but the Dillion, but than again I wasn't looking.

There was a Greco copy of the 1970s Roc Jet. It looks off though, the pickups are not 1970s type and the cutaway is too sharp. They were also available in black.

Before FMIC got involved with Gretsch there were DeArmond M-75 and M-77's. Though the body shape was that of the Guild Aristocrat (still looks more like a jet than a Les Paul), they were quite Duo-Jet-ish with a Bigsby, DeArmond pickups and sparkle, orange and black tops.

There is a LOT

– riz

There is a LOT

– riz

I disagree, most are LP clones. Not too many DJ clones. The distinguishing features of the DJ would be Filter type pickups, and the Gretsch control layout.

I have a M75T and always thought is is somewhere between a Jet, Les Paul and Aristocrat.

Greco made some cool Gretsch archtop copies in the 80s I think. At least judging by pictures, I never saw a real one in my life.

Register Sign in to join the conversation