Other Guitars

duesenberg bass

I think if it was moving me, I'd look for one of those 5123s

I think if it was moving me, I'd look for one of those 5123s

– Baxter

OOO! Me too! ...but other than being semi hollow and orange, they really aren't trying to be the same bass. The D-bass is short scale which feels and sounds so much different than a "normal" bass. Short scale basses can be a lot of fun, but I only grab mine when I want that specific sound. Not really the go-to for most players, but that doesn't mean anything. I read that all of the Boston songs were recorded with a short scale Gibson EBO, for whatever that's worth.

I had heard the 5123 is actually medium scale, 32", which is my favorite .. right between 30 and 34". Not to many in that scale.

I had heard the 5123 is actually medium scale, 32", which is my favorite .. right between 30 and 34". Not to many in that scale.

– DCBirdMan

Perfect! The GRETSCH sounds like it was made for you! Looks like they're in the same price-range. Go for it so you can let us all know how it sounds ect!

They are always in the 600-800 range. I might go for one but prob is most are orange which I can deal with but there was a rare run in burgundy. That's the finish I want!!

You are right, the burgundy seems to be gone everywhere! Looks like this one is available: (says unavailable, but available as an open box??? confusing) https://www.music123.com/ba...

Yeah I gotta hold out for burgundy -- thanks for pointing this out.

Register Sign in to join the conversation