Other Guitars

dude SMOKIN’ on an Epi Wildkat!

Holy cow!!! Great playing, but great tone too... makes me want to check out a Wildkat

Well, he'd have to slow down for me to hear the tone, but I've never been able to give up my 'Kat, even though I seldom play it, because every time I get it out to list it I play it...and like it too well to send away. It does have a unique voice.

Funny, that's exactly the sort of music I played when I guitarred for a Pentecostal church in central Ohio. Propulsive, funky, and chord city - with great vocalists throughout. That's makin' a joyful noise right there.

I didn't play that fast, though.

Check out that grin---he's having some serious fun!

LOL. The dude in the Bulls shirt behind him is worth the price of admission!

Love the reactions to the two guys in the background! Good stuff!

Biggest problem with a Wildkat is the weight.

– Don Birchett

Is it heavier than a solidbody? I would think not? Since it's routed out inside...

– Don Birchett

Is it heavier than a solidbody? I would think not? Since it's routed out inside...

– ruger9

Wildcat Typical Weight 7.8 lbs (+/- 5%). Isn't that about the same as a 6120?

Wildcat Typical Weight 7.8 lbs (+/- 5%). Isn't that about the same as a 6120?

– Charlie Vegas

It's certainly right in the ballpark of a tele or strat... and probably lighter than alot of Les Pauls...

Wildkats are neck heavy, had to part with mine.

Ruger, I put my feelers out for one here and another forum. The feedback was great feel and pickups but the wiring not so much. I still really want one because of the temptation AND to really test it for myself. It'd be a done deal if they were still made in Korea.

Used Korean ones pop up frequently on eBay. I really like mine (2001 Samick -made) ---- no issues with the wiring either.

That's a beauty Parbar!

And NJD, thanks for the info... I'll have to do some more research now... IDK they USED to be made in Korea... so I'm guessing china now?

Not a fan of the current colors, but would love to find a used "Royale" Red (metallic candy apple red) or Blue (metallic candy apple blue) one. They seem to be from around 2014?

Register Sign in to join the conversation