Other Guitars

Does a Stratocaster’s color choice determine one’s Style or Fashion

The ever-fresh appeal of man salmon. It's a healthy color.

yawn... I guess when it comes to Fender I'm just a Tele guy. Most Strats just leave me "meh".... but to each his own. I suppose if I could make one sing like Mark Knopfler, I'd have a different opinion, but that will never happen.

If you dig 'em, more power to ya.

I like them better when other guys play them than when I do.

Well, I mean...some other guys.

But I guess we could say that about any guitar. Anyway, I don't seem to achieve my best guitar self on Strats.

You all have some nice looking Strats!

I’m a “Strat Cat”. Ive had many over the years. My current two are a early AM Standard and Strat Plus with a split Wilkinson roller nut (a la Jeff Beck).

I like the shades of grey color scheme. Very classy.

Selling this G&L Legacy Tribute for my business partner. What the ad says is true - it's completely as new. Probably priced high. We'll negotiate. https://reverb.com/item/202...

A 1989 American Deluxe Strat Plus with Lace Sensor pickups.

It's color doesn't mean that I feel blue, however.

A 1989 American Deluxe Strat Plus with Lace Sensor pickups.

It's color doesn't mean that I feel blue, however.

– Ric12string

Wow! I had lace sensors in my strat ....once :)

Why did you get rid of them (or the guitar) then? They are great pickups.

For a guy like me who is attracted to old orange Gretsch's and blue anything else, I guess you'd have to say my taste in Strats is more... vanilla. My Jimmie Vaughn Tex-Mex, and a MIM player I acquired from a GDPer awhile back.

Well, I wear black just like all the other non-conformists but I usually go for colorful guitars. So when I was looking for a Strat I wanted a burst, pastel or candy color but I ended up with a black one anyway.

The grey pearl pickguard just got it's eviction notice, red pearl is on it's way. Gotta have some color on it.

Why doesn’t Fender offer seafoam green anymore? I’ve had a white MIM standard, and a burst 50’s classic player. Sold or traded both. Every NAMM I look forward to an announcement of seafoam green being added to the color option of an affordable Strat. One of these days it will come true and it will match my style AND my fashion.

I sold this MIJ 1980s E Series Fender Stratocaster to help purchase my Duo Jet back in 2012. I'm very happy I did that because the Duo Jet is now my foundation tone, is an amazing guitar and that particular Strat was not the right one for me. After a while though I realized that I missed the sounds a Strat can make. I also realized since I learned how to play on a Squier Bullet and my only electric guitar was the MIJ Strat for over 10 years that I was missing the feel of a Strat. I eneded up building a few partscasters for myself and others before finally building my favorite one shown in post 28. Now I notice when I'm home noodling that I play my parts PowerStrat more than any other guitar. Now I'm contemplating another partscaster based on the new Player Series Strats with the traditional SSS configuration. Just when I thought I was over Strats because of that Great Gretsch Sound I realize playing one feels more natural than any other guitar for me. They are in my DNA I guess.

Why did you get rid of them (or the guitar) then? They are great pickups.

– Ric12string

I found them to have clinical dynamics and sterile tone for the sake of a quieter signal. I'll take my scatter wound Suhr V60s and Texas Special Bridge pickup on my one and only strat. :)

This has been my Strat color of choice since the early 1990s.

By the way, does anyone know how to get a Crime Stoppers tip to Batman?

Nah, I think you like what you like..... and it may or may not translate into the color and design silos that we, as a guitar loving species, believe it should fit in. Live performance in music (especially rock n roll) is sort of a slight of hand trick, for entertainment's sake. It's like Johnny Cash being told that the color black would cause the audience to focus more on his music than what he was wearing. Sometimes, artists do the opposite. Circling back, if you don't care about those things, you like what you like and screw the public.

Gotta know more about the pearl-on-pearl visual assault instrument, Jim. I either love it or I hate it. Maybe both!

Selling this G&L Legacy Tribute for my business partner. What the ad says is true - it's completely as new. Probably priced high. We'll negotiate. https://reverb.com/item/202...

– Proteus

Wow... tempted... but only tempted. Nice piece, very nice.

We'll negotiate, remember...

Gotta know more about the pearl-on-pearl visual assault instrument, Jim. I either love it or I hate it. Maybe both!

– Proteus

Proteus, it's an 89 American Strat with a big fat flake sparkle job done by Marty Bell. It caught the sun just right and caused the finish to look almost pearlized.

We'll negotiate, remember...

– Proteus

Tim, I'd love to have it. How-sum-ever,

First, I must negotiate with She Who Wants To Take A Cruise this Fall...

Register Sign in to join the conversation