Other Guitars

Decal source…?

Good evening (yes it is, here in Norway), my merry Gretschers.

Do you have a good source for waterslide headstock decals? I had a set made for my MJT Tele build a few years back; a Fender-style logo with kinda my own name ("Anders Westcaster", dunno if any of you remember seeing it…?).

Now I’ve finally made up my mind about naming my Bigsby-wannabe-bastardized Gretsch/Fender/TK Smith-partsocaster, and the guy who made the decals for me (Mr. Bennett) is not responding to my emails. Not sure if he went out of business, or even – God forbid – died, but nevertheless I’d like to have a decal made.

And it’s not that I’m planning on messing with somebody’s copyrighted material, I’d just like the name "Bastard" in a Bigsby style lettering. Any recommendations are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Anders

Here's the "Bastard" on stage a coupla years ago...

Rothco and Frost in the UK

Anders, I've had some luck making my own with a printer, some fixative (to keep the ink from running), and waterslide printer paper, which I bought online.

Cool guitars by the way--love your Bigsby-esque guitar-- and I own an X-175 myself...

Try these guys,had one made for a Tele my son built.https://bennettdecals.wixsite.com/decals#!options/component_71401

Try these guys,had one made for a Tele my son built.https://bennettdecals.wixsite.com/decals#!options/component_71401

– stokes

That’s the guy who made the decal for my Tele, and who I initially contacted for this decal too. But he hasn’t responed to my emails, so that’s why I started this topic...

I like that "Bastard" Anders, nice Guitar, very cool. Hope you find a decal maker, if you pm me, I have a guy here in the US I've used.

It really isn't difficult to make your own...

https://www.amazon.ca/Sheet...

Just print off whatever image you want, spray it with some clear lacquer (let it dry) and apply it. You can get 20 sheets of waterslide paper for not much more than 20 bucks, so if you mess one up, just try again.

Just trying to be helpful; not trying to derail your thread.

It really isn't difficult to make your own...

https://www.amazon.ca/Sheet...

Just print off whatever image you want, spray it with some clear lacquer (let it dry) and apply it. You can get 20 sheets of waterslide paper for not much more than 20 bucks, so if you mess one up, just try again.

Just trying to be helpful; not trying to derail your thread.

– reverb11

Thanks reverb11. The thing is, I need the logo to be designed as well. The Bigsby font, as far as I know, isn't a font per se, and my designer skills are limited when it comes to photoshop etc. I have the software on my computer, but I'm guessing someone who makes decals regularly would fix it in 10 minutes, while I'd probably smash the laptop in a rage...

Anders

.... and I don't have a printer. Used to, but the old desktop computer died on me last summer, and since I have a work laptop, I haven't bothered replacing it. I know I could've hooked the printer up to the laptop, but it was a Dell, and for the prices they charge for cartridges I could almost buy a cheap, new printer. Which I haven't bothered. So...

Anyway, just for the hell of it, I tried mocking up a "Bastard" logo, and it doesn't look too bad IMHO. I've sent an email to Rothko and Frost, so we'll just see what happens. Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Anders

Looks great! I can cut it in vinyl decal material if you like.

Again, Rothco & Frost. I used them on a project. Would use them again.

Hey, guys. Going by your recommendations on Rothko and Frost I placed an order on the 28th of last month. I got a confirmation but I didn't get tracking info. How long do these normally take? I sent them a request on tracking and they sent me a "We're moving right now, be patient" message.

I got mine off of eBay. I got some Ventures model decals made up for me. I didn't put it on the Mosrite headstock but on the pickguard.

Register Sign in to join the conversation