Other Guitars

crazed 50s Bigsby-ish thing at Gruhn’s

Sure is a whole lot goin' on with that guitar! Makes a White Falcon look plain-Jane by comparison!

Gower were the predecessor to Grammer guitars made by Billy Grammer. Guitars of the starts in the late 60s. i just acquired a Grammer brazillian rosewood dreadnought. Country Cool!

How about that stringing technique?!!? That is a seriously cool guitar. That binding just knocks me right out.

humbucker that predates gibson and gretsch

How about that stringing technique?!!? That is a seriously cool guitar. That binding just knocks me right out.

– spike

I'm so going to try that stringing technique but look at all crud under the screws. For that price a little cleaning wouldn't go a miss.

Bigsby meets Dr. Seuss. Very cool.

I must be persona non grata at Gruhn's because when I click on the link I get

"Access denied You are not authorized to access this page"

Some people have too much time on their hands. Stringing up like that would reduce me to tears. So let me know....

I must be persona non grata at Gruhn's because when I click on the link I get

"Access denied You are not authorized to access this page"

– Rhythmisking

Same here. Oh, curse the common blood in my veins!

If it was a "Gower" brand electric guitar, it is no longer in Gruhn's inventory (their electric inventory jumps from Godin to Gretsch).

Hence the "not authorized" notifications.

Ya snooze, ya lose.

One of you clever technical youngsters find a cached copy and post it! The string wrapped around the tension bar does seem like it adds a layer of difficulty, but I'd be willing to bet it puts enough tension on the string to where it doesn't pop off the nipple as easily while inserting the top into the tuning peg.

I am far from a clever technical youngster, but hey, I just learned a new trick.

EZ5586, Gower Gower Electric (built in Nashville, TN), 1956, VG+++, figured maple neck and body, built for, owned and used extensively by Fate Vanderpool (includes thorough documentation on history of use throughout his life - used in some of the earliest RCA Studio B recordings), original and unique humbucking pickup (pre-dates Gibson), Bigsby added and tuners changed by Vanderpool during career, a unique, one of a kind significant piece of Nashville history, OHC ...$9,000.00

Back of the headstock.

Fugly

– JazzBoxJunky

Cool, but yeah, it's fugly. It's kind of Bigsbyish and an interesting artifact, but thoroughly lacks the elegant sense of proportions of Paul Bigsby's guitars. It's cartoonish.

One man's trash.... I demur.

Register Sign in to join the conversation