Other Guitars

Cool Vintage Ibanez Surf/Jetsons Guitar

Cool guitar, interesting how the string tree bolts all the way through the head stock.

"Rare orange"...

Is it just me, or is that guitar not orange? Looks more salmon/pink to me.

Also, I don't buy many $300 guitars these days, but even at that price, shouldn't one sort of expect new strings and a setup as part of the deal from a shop? Maybe it won't stay in tune, and the buyer won't find that out until after they attempt their own setup. Cool looking thing, though.

That's a really clean example.

I love that whole Ibanez story, and used to visit the shop where it all started in Ardmore, Pa.

Had a killer acoustic only room with only the highest end stuff.

Ah cool. Reminds me of a guitar body I saw in school made from a desk lid. Then searched 'desk lid guitars' on google but nothing came up.

I dig it. I'm in the market for a cheap solid body, that tailpiece is intriguing.

That's a really clean example.

I love that whole Ibanez story, and used to visit the shop where it all started in Ardmore, Pa.

Had a killer acoustic only room with only the highest end stuff.

– crowbone

Medley Music....."the original music mall" Boy do I miss that place. All the major brands, incl Fender, Gibson, Guild, Gretsch, Ibanez, Peavey, Rickenbacker, Hamer USA, Martin....you name it. In Philly, back in the good old days of Zaph's, Cintioli's, 8th St Music and Medley. They all competed against each other which kept prices in line and the selection was stellar.

Is $300.00 high for that? It's vintage!

It does look cool.

Reverb is turning into a problem for me. I realize that I'm very VERY late to the party but I really like the platform.

Register Sign in to join the conversation