Other Guitars

Check out the new Rics:

Well fact is the Rick site needs help in a big way.

One of my favorite DCB frenzies. The red sparkle still hurts me.

– Proteus

Well the sparkle scene is over, the doubleneck scene is over, also no more red guitars unless a good deal comes up on a hacked refin MM.

Still open to the idea of a 21" scale 950. Narrow nut ok, tiny Rick frets not ok... so there's a refret in anything like that.

But your idea about slightly elevating a guard to get a wire thru unseen on my MM, that is going to be discussed today w/ my tech.

330 is definitely the best of the Ric shapes. Very cool to see it in a bass, but I think I'd get a 330 guitar first.

Just seen it on Facebook, World Famous Fuller’s Guitar, limited edition, and you’ve gotta pre-order. $5149 for the 4005XC, $4799 for the 480XC. That’s $6650 in Aussie dollars. Tad steep for me.

– RustyG

The bass will sell. People with money won't be able to help themselves. But I have a hard time imagining a single person shelling out nearly $5K for a 480. That person probably exists, but RIC could hardly have targeted a more limited market.

A guy tried to sell me a near-mint 481 several years ago for either 600 or 800 dollars. That was one bland-sounding, weird guitar.

It's so strange to me that Rickenbacker releases instruments like this while stubbornly refusing to offer a standard 330/12 or 360/12 with a wider neck. They would sell A LOT of those. Instead, they're forcing me to save my pennies for a 1993 Plus--but I'm not sure I'd play an electric 12 enough to justify that kind of cash outlay.

I’m guessing the Halls don’t want to issue wider necks on 12-string 330’s and 360’s coz they don’t want to hurt sales of the 1993plus (which have 660 necks), which they’re already geared up to make.

Personally, I really like the IDEA of the bass and I think it’s lovely, and I suspect that if I didn’t already have my treasured 5442, I’d be coveting a hollow Rick. In reality, my 4003 covers my Rick bass desires. (I knew you wondered. Haha)

As far as the 480, I never really wondered about them until David Paton from Pilot sent me a picture of him in the studio, recording the intro solo of, “Magic” on a 480. I always thought that tone was unique. He said he ran it through the studio’s Marshall. But I’m not intrigued enough to want one with a PRS finish.

I'd at least wish they would make an F series bass (not that I could afford one) just to drool over, ya know.

Love that new bass! Priced out for me though.

Aye,an F series bass would cool too,only one i've ever seen was a tribute ,i think Dale did this one above in the pic.

Goodness sakes, that is a looker, Mr. Higgy!

Aye,an F series bass would cool too,only one i've ever seen was a tribute ,i think Dale did this one above in the pic.

– JCHiggy

Dale does amazing work. But please, the owner needs to get some oven knobs on that, pronto.

– JCHiggy

The problem is, that the F series guitars and basses are another one of those things that Ric players have asked for, to be reissued for ages, and that Ric has no interest in reissuing. I'd love to have a 360F, but it just ain't happening, and those that are out there on the used market, cost waaaay more than I can afford.

Certainly your are spot on there, Lady.

Register Sign in to join the conversation