Other Guitars

Blondes have more fun!

...and this one just arrived.

– Bob Howard

Oh Yeah!

A lot of great species here in this thread! I still need to take some decent new pics, in the meantime here's one I still had saved on my laptop. Gretsch G400C with added pickup.

Recently purchased Guild A-150 Savoy

This is me with my '60 Guild Capri :

A lot of great species here in this thread! I still need to take some decent new pics, in the meantime here's one I still had saved on my laptop. Gretsch G400C with added pickup.

– Mike2000

I had one like this with bookmatched flame maple back and sides. Sigh. I do miss it, but my left wrist didn't like the 25.5" scale.

WHAT??? nobody around here has a vintage blonde ES-5 Switchmaster??

– Tartan Phantom

I do! Here's my 1949 blonde ES-5N! Talking about a big old blonde...I love her! Only 22 of these were made in the first production year (1949), so it's a very rare guitar. The top, back and neck are flamed maple and the sides are curly maple. The serial number tells me that she left the Gibson factory between October 1 and November 1, 1949. She was bought on October 29, 1949, at the Rudolph Wurlitzer music company in Buffalo, New York by a mr. Irvin Lynn. He paid $390,00 for the guitar. He left a message/note inside the guitar with this information! I found it by accident...love it! I am the second owner, the guitar will be 70 years old next year. She lives in a 40's brown/pink Geib 'gator' hard case (with alligator texture and Geib logo), also a beauty. For a blonde this age, she still sounds and plays fantastic!

Gorgeous ES-5 (though of course, it's technically not the "Switchmaster" variation that Tartan Phantom mentioned... just so we're all clear that there's a slight difference).

True, it's not a Switchmaster...but still blonde and gorgeous, haha!

Only a fool wouldn't love this instrument!

Besides the wife I have a few other blondes around the house. My '74 Telecaster Custom, a Gretsch Spruce top Country Club (Bigsby non stock) and a Hofner Club (with 2 Telecaster neck pickups).

My two contributions to the thread: Eastman AR503

The only natural I ever had. It'd been stripped and stained brown.I sanded it off and shot it with clear. Later on I had it reshot in Fiesta Red,but that pic will have to wait for the Fiesta Red thread.

Built this one for my Son, the trim wood is from the scrap barrel at a local furniture maker.

One more, well, it IS kinda,sorta, a guitar! And it IS a blond. I put piezo pickups in it and don't like them. Makes noise every time you touch it like a drum. It plays quite well and I like the short scale.

All together now! I live in a house of blondes.

What a beautiful family you have there!

Quite handsome, Cap’n Bob. Anyone would be proud.

Two Ash blondes --- Peavey T-60 guitar and T-40 bass. I've had the T-60 since 1980 or 1981, and it's a very versatile and great-sounding instrument.

– Parabar

Growing up a neighbor kid had one of these Peavey T-40 basses and I always loved the tone of it. They have this round piano like full spectrum and warm low end tone that I've never heard any other bass even approach.

These 80s Peaveys are special. I wonder if there is a market to reissue them.

Baja telecaster and '56 Custom Shop Stratocaster...

Sorry... here's the tele.

1953 6014-5 with hommade pickguard.

1955 Harry Volpe, sent it to my Niece in Juneau, Alaska.

Register Sign in to join the conversation