Other Guitars

Blasphemy!

Um...nope. Never, not even on Sunday.

Over on the RRF, they'd be rising in full revolt at the very thought.

But they are from Canada - kind of....

Actually, these are NOTHING like Rickenbackers! Look at this (12 string model):

"This is our Fishbone 12 string maple body 5 piece through maple neck on rosewood fingerboard, 2 inch at nut. "

Whoa!

Actually, why bother with the double cutaways when you can copy a model Rickenbacker will NEVER EVER produce:

Holy lawsuit, Batman! Methinks it won't be long before cease and desist order comes from the legal eagles at RIC

They aren't copying a Gretsch so I don't care.

Those guitars are not even worth the bandwidth this thread gives them. Particularly unattractive.

Actually this Canadian music dealer is a total scammer, seriously guys. Do not buy anything from "new music express Canada." my dad was recently in the market for a Tokai les paul, and he ordered what he thought was gonna be one of the lower midrange chinese versions. What he got was unplayable with very subpar quality for a tokai, and after contacting Tokai directly with the serial number and his concerns, not only did they tell him that: 1) they do not have a Canadian distributor at all, and are quite selective who distributes them in general 2) the serial number was made up and was not even close to a real tokai SN

Not only was the whole ordeal a pain, he sent the guitar back, reported it to reverb with all the proof he had, and they have not taken any action. In fact, he relisted the same guitar. He did a little more research to see if it happened to anyone else and someone else contacted him saying they received a fake from the same guy, reported it, reverb still hasn't taken any action.

Also the headstock inlay was clearly a forgery when compared to the real Tokai LP custom inlay

Actually, these are NOTHING like Rickenbackers! Look at this (12 string model):

"This is our Fishbone 12 string maple body 5 piece through maple neck on rosewood fingerboard, 2 inch at nut. "

Whoa!

Actually, why bother with the double cutaways when you can copy a model Rickenbacker will NEVER EVER produce:

– Frank_NH

that thing is pretty.. aside from the crowded controles

They have been called Fakenbackers.

Just don't anyone deal with the guy. Instead of being apologetic and offering to right things when he was outed for the fakes, he was just a dick and was trying to get out of paying like $80 in return shipping, I'll hand it to him for having some brass balls though....

Actually this Canadian music dealer is a total scammer, seriously guys. Do not buy anything from "new music express Canada." my dad was recently in the market for a Tokai les paul, and he ordered what he thought was gonna be one of the lower midrange chinese versions. What he got was unplayable with very subpar quality for a tokai, and after contacting Tokai directly with the serial number and his concerns, not only did they tell him that: 1) they do not have a Canadian distributor at all, and are quite selective who distributes them in general 2) the serial number was made up and was not even close to a real tokai SN

Not only was the whole ordeal a pain, he sent the guitar back, reported it to reverb with all the proof he had, and they have not taken any action. In fact, he relisted the same guitar. He did a little more research to see if it happened to anyone else and someone else contacted him saying they received a fake from the same guy, reported it, reverb still hasn't taken any action.

– Chmason85

They call those "Fakais". Even the MIC Tokais are pretty well made, at least as nice if not better than an Epi Les Paul. I think that was the same Canadian dealer who was involved with using the Dillion name.

Those guitars are not even worth the bandwidth this thread gives them. Particularly unattractive.

– Ric12string

Exactly. I just puked in my mouth a little looking at them.

Is there a Canadian version of the Better Business Bureau? Some gov't. agency possibly?

– Chmason85

I bought a road case from this seller for my '66 Deluxe Reverb. His ad said something like 1"X12" Road case; fits Deluxe Reverb and others." Guess what? My DR did not fit. I emailed the seller, and he never responded. Ever. I ended up having a case custom made for me by a seller in Alberta, and still have the other case, which is now filled with pedals, cables, mics and some guitar stand (so, not a total loss). But... I would never buy from this guy again.

Only a Ric sounds like a Ric. Anyone buying one to sound like a Ric will waste their money. I think its easier to make a Fender or Gibson copy sound like the guitars they are trying to copy than make a copy of a Ric sound like a Ric.

Register Sign in to join the conversation