Other Guitars

Betcha Never Seen One of These Before

Stopped in at TrueTone tonight for some sonic sanity and spotted this. Sure, a Strat 12, but a Squier Strat 12? That was a new one on me. Turns out there’s a reason for that. It’s a prototype for a model that never went into production, and was originally purchased at a Fender employee sale. I think it’s tagged at $595 (I could be wrong), but tell them you’re a friend of mine, they’ll make you a deal. I didn’t get a chance to play it, but it definitely looks cool.

If it was a maple neck, I'd be all over it. Neck looks a bit short to be 25.5 scale but maybe it's just the angle. Wonder what it weighs... country of origin?

I think that the 12 strings were 24.75" scale. Or maybe just some were. One advantage to that would be that you wouldn't have to use a different case for the long peghead.

I think that the 12 strings were 24.75" scale. Or maybe just some were. One advantage to that would be that you wouldn't have to use a different case for the long peghead.

– Don Birchett

The peghead is not much longer than the standard six-on-a-side

If it was a maple neck, I'd be all over it. Neck looks a bit short to be 25.5 scale

Wait. What happened to the New Short Scale Reality?

Squire made the Venus 12, which was a great build, and very comfortable to play.

I think those Squier Venus 12's might have been MIJ .

Okay, how'd I miss this one? Maybe where there's smoke....

Register Sign in to join the conversation