Other Guitars

Behold the “Grigsby™” is finally finished! (my smith,harvey,rutters…

It is finally complete now that Tim sent me the alum serpentine tru-arc!

That is a real beaut you've come up with there Tavo, job seriously well done

That is a real beaut you've come up with there Tavo, job seriously well done

– Taffy

+1

If you'd like to hear that Harvey being taken for a spin, here's my swing guitar hero, Jonathan Stout, playing it at one of Deke's Guitar Geek Festivals (his part starts at about 00:43) :

damn Frank I just saw this video!!! WOW!!! how many levels of cool are on this vid?? I'd love to get a copy of this show.

btw.. someone just offered to buy my Grigsby at a price thats worthy of the instrument and I could use the mula.. there are always other guitars right?

damn Frank I just saw this video!!! WOW!!! how many levels of cool are on this vid?? I'd love to get a copy of this show.

btw.. someone just offered to buy my Grigsby at a price thats worthy of the instrument and I could use the mula.. there are always other guitars right?

– TheNocturneBrain

There sure is. Like this one...

thats like offering a skateboard to a guy stuck on the side of the freeway.

Did you ever "bond" with it? For me, THAT would be the difference as to whether I would sell it or not (altho if you need the cash, you need the cash.... been there.... am there right now, lol)

Just curious, was it just a "successful project", or did you bond and have been playing it every day since?

Well the guitar I designed to "fit" me and it does. One of the finest guitars I have ever owned but it always comes down to "do I need it" because there are only 3 guitars that I own that actually feel like an extension of my arm and ear. I almost dont even need to look down at the guitar (my 99' SSU, my 91' strat and the knotty pine tele w t-armonds I made) because my body knows the instrument so well. Every other guitar is a hooker on the payroll. ..ahem

Yes, but with regard to this one, isn't that connection just a matter of time?

if someone offered you $$ ..just how connected do you have to be to keep it??

Connected enough that I wouldn't think I could roll that over into a better version. Are there ways in which you'd like to change anything? (And are they repossessing your car or did one of your kids just get into Stanford?).

Connected enough that I wouldn't think I could roll that over into a better version. Are there ways in which you'd like to change anything? (And are they repossessing your car or did one of your kids just get into Stanford?).

– Strummerson

Its all a matter of creating, always looking to make something new and different.. thats the actual thrill.

Then roll away. What's bubbling in that hopper of yours?

if someone offered you $$ ..just how connected do you have to be to keep it??

– TheNocturneBrain

Depends on the guitar - my old Guilds, they'll have to pry from my cold dead..etc..., and I have one partscaster (rutters one piece ash, rutters bridge, twin Lollar "50's" P90's) I feel the same way about. Everything else, make me an offer!

Still a little surprised you'd sell this - it took you so long to get it together..?

Depends on the guitar - my old Guilds, they'll have to pry from my cold dead..etc..., and I have one partscaster (rutters one piece ash, rutters bridge, twin Lollar "50's" P90's) I feel the same way about. Everything else, make me an offer!

Still a little surprised you'd sell this - it took you so long to get it together..?

– WB

Ditto

That whole "extension of my body" is the thing. I have ONE guitar I feel that way about- and it ain't my Gretsch... it's my Am. Std. tele. If the house were burning down, the tele is the one I'd grab. For enough $$$, I'd sell all the others- but it would have to be a ridiculous amount of money for me to sell that tele.

I'm so glad I decided to keep this guitar.. it turned out selling the Phoenix and the hotrod was the smarter move.

I think you should give me that guitar.

I think you should give me that guitar.

– Proteus

sold her but kept the neck

– TheNocturneBrain

That guitar should be somebody's production model

Register Sign in to join the conversation