Other Guitars

Anyone seen this color before? ‘71 Tele Thinline.

Never seen this combo before. I've had it apart & it looks kosher. Milky custard?

Neck stamp Feb '71. Rare & collectable or just a bad idea? I have an option on it but not sure.

Usual CBS cost cutting; plastic shaft pots, cheap wiring & dodgy neck pocket rout, however, I have to admit it sounds great. Also, anyone recognize the case? Looks old but I've never seen one before.

doesn't look right to me..not just pg...was the body stripped??..

cheers

Like I said, I've had it apart & it looks original to me. I've seen the lilac guards before but not the pale yellow.

Looks great! Dunno about rare and collectible, tho'.

I think I have a similar case in my basement. A neighbor found it in a dumpster and thought that I would like it.

Looks weird. This was on reverb.com once. Totally different lighting. Is it close? The case looks Japanese.

I love it, proper rhubarb & custard.

I don't know if it's original, but I really like it.

Tell yourself that everything about it is original from the factory, and snag it.

"Think and believe" is the key!

I like that guitar.

...------

So y'all are thinking this isn't just a really age-yellowed white? Seems like it could be... That pickguard doesan't look original though.

So y'all are thinking this isn't just a really age-yellowed white? Seems like it could be...

Or something creamier to begin with that has yellowed even more. It reminds me of the finish on a Fender Bullet a friend had as a kid, just like this one:

Never seen anything like it either. Perhaps it's a good idea to ask on the tdpri....

If the price is fair for what it objectively is, setting aside color (ie, a nice Tele), does it matter?

Or is the seller asking a premium for its purported vintage 1971-ness and unique color/pg combo?

I think it's quite fetching.

The case doesn't look like any Fender case I've seen, though.

What does it look like under the pickguard? I like that guard!

My '62 Duo Sonic is a creamy yellow(white) in certain lighting.

Neck stamp Feb '71. Rare & collectable or just a bad idea? I have an option on it but not sure.

– tonyb

Butterscotch, yum.

There's the "Desert Sand" color, but that's more beige...

If it hasn't been refinished, my money is on blonde that has yellowed nicely. The pickguard is not original.

Register Sign in to join the conversation