Other Guitars

another one surfaces

"John Lennon of the Beatles."

Oh, that John Lennon. I was thinking of another guy.

Yeah, that really needs to be pinned down. Sheeesh, what a putz. Maybe it's just me, but generally speaking, little Johnny no-name never owned a guitar commanding 80K.

Well until the Glimour Strat just sold for over 3 mil the Lennon J-160E was the top price for any guitar. Hope the owners are enjoying them!

Maybe it's just me, but generally speaking, little Johnny no-name never owned a guitar commanding 80K.

Yes. It's just you.

Well until the Glimour Strat just sold for over 3 mil the Lennon J-160E was the top price for any guitar. Hope the owners are enjoying them!

– DCBirdMan

Jim Irsay, the guy who inherited the Indy Colts (and a free enclosed stadium) bought the Gilmour Strat. It was a charity auction as much a donation as buying a rare guitar. He has other Beatle guitars and drums, but I'm not sure if he bought the J-160E. He did buy others at that auction. I'd love to see his collection, but it's locked away in a tower somewhere in Indy, and it's not likely we peasants will ever see them.

So it was him. The one Beatle guitar I knew he had was the "Paperback Writer" SG.

What's with the covered-polepiece pickups? Isn't London St. of Denmark a shady dealer? Cool if true - about the guitar I mean. I wonder what happened to John Fogerty's Fender Mustang, the one he used in the Golliwogs.

Isn't London St. of Denmark a shady dealer?

As shady as they come. It's the renamed Music Ground, owned by the ex-con father and son duo Richard and Justin Harrison.

I didn't know Mal Evans was in charge of distributing unknown Beatle guitars. Somebody should ask him about it.

Well what I wonder about -- 1974, Evans was still alive (died in 1976) but whether he remained a 'personal assistant' at that time is another matter. One other 'personal assistant" in the later 70s was actually stealing from John and Yoko.

And that UK dealer -- or at least one of them -- accused of some issues with various Entwistle basses...

and moving stolen gear as well IIRC.

I'm holding out for Lennon's Hello Kitty Strat.

I don't think I ever mentioned this, but John Lennon used my Country Gent for a while. He most likely played it on whatever your favorite song is. I'll be listing it on Reverb at $121,000.21 next week. Deal of a lifetime. I have bulletproof provenance. See for yourselves:

I don't think I ever mentioned this, but John Lennon used my Country Gent for a while. He most likely played it on whatever your favorite song is. I'll be listing it on Reverb at $121,000.21 next week. Deal of a lifetime. I have bulletproof provenance. See for yourselves:

– Afire

Cool. Does that price include shipping and handling?

I’m not running a charity, you loser. No tire kicking. Serious investors only on this one.

Your loss. I try to give you chumps first crack at an opportunity you could only dream of, just because I'm a great guy, and I have to put up with this. Not worth it. New price: $221,000.21. One more question and I add a zero.

Is the case included?

$221,000.210. Anybody else want to crack wise?

Spotify Premium APKLink is one online music streaming application where you can easily interact with all the songs that are existing in the music industry.

$221,000.210. Anybody else want to crack wise?

– Afire

Did you at least have the foresight to keep the same strings on that John used?

$221,000.2100.

$221,000.2100.

– Afire

Worth the price for the Alf Bicknell reference alone.

Worth the price for the Alf Bicknell reference alone.

– lx

Finally some positive feedback. Price is back down to $221,000.210.

Register Sign in to join the conversation