Other Guitars

another one surfaces

"John Lennon of the Beatles."

Oh, that John Lennon. I was thinking of another guy.

Yeah, that really needs to be pinned down. Sheeesh, what a putz. Maybe it's just me, but generally speaking, little Johnny no-name never owned a guitar commanding 80K.

Well until the Glimour Strat just sold for over 3 mil the Lennon J-160E was the top price for any guitar. Hope the owners are enjoying them!

Maybe it's just me, but generally speaking, little Johnny no-name never owned a guitar commanding 80K.

Yes. It's just you.

Well until the Glimour Strat just sold for over 3 mil the Lennon J-160E was the top price for any guitar. Hope the owners are enjoying them!

– DCBirdMan

Jim Irsay, the guy who inherited the Indy Colts (and a free enclosed stadium) bought the Gilmour Strat. It was a charity auction as much a donation as buying a rare guitar. He has other Beatle guitars and drums, but I'm not sure if he bought the J-160E. He did buy others at that auction. I'd love to see his collection, but it's locked away in a tower somewhere in Indy, and it's not likely we peasants will ever see them.

So it was him. The one Beatle guitar I knew he had was the "Paperback Writer" SG.

What's with the covered-polepiece pickups? Isn't London St. of Denmark a shady dealer? Cool if true - about the guitar I mean. I wonder what happened to John Fogerty's Fender Mustang, the one he used in the Golliwogs.

Isn't London St. of Denmark a shady dealer?

As shady as they come. It's the renamed Music Ground, owned by the ex-con father and son duo Richard and Justin Harrison.

I didn't know Mal Evans was in charge of distributing unknown Beatle guitars. Somebody should ask him about it.

Well what I wonder about -- 1974, Evans was still alive (died in 1976) but whether he remained a 'personal assistant' at that time is another matter. One other 'personal assistant" in the later 70s was actually stealing from John and Yoko.

And that UK dealer -- or at least one of them -- accused of some issues with various Entwistle basses...

and moving stolen gear as well IIRC.

I'm holding out for Lennon's Hello Kitty Strat.

I don't think I ever mentioned this, but John Lennon used my Country Gent for a while. He most likely played it on whatever your favorite song is. I'll be listing it on Reverb at $121,000.21 next week. Deal of a lifetime. I have bulletproof provenance. See for yourselves:

I don't think I ever mentioned this, but John Lennon used my Country Gent for a while. He most likely played it on whatever your favorite song is. I'll be listing it on Reverb at $121,000.21 next week. Deal of a lifetime. I have bulletproof provenance. See for yourselves:

– Afire

Cool. Does that price include shipping and handling?

I’m not running a charity, you loser. No tire kicking. Serious investors only on this one.

Your loss. I try to give you chumps first crack at an opportunity you could only dream of, just because I'm a great guy, and I have to put up with this. Not worth it. New price: $221,000.21. One more question and I add a zero.

Is the case included?

$221,000.210. Anybody else want to crack wise?

$221,000.210. Anybody else want to crack wise?

– Afire

Did you at least have the foresight to keep the same strings on that John used?

$221,000.2100.

$221,000.2100.

– Afire

Worth the price for the Alf Bicknell reference alone.

Worth the price for the Alf Bicknell reference alone.

– lx

Finally some positive feedback. Price is back down to $221,000.210.

I have a 1959 Duo Sonic that I am thinking of taking to the Dallas Guitar Show in May. But if anybody is interested shoot me a PM. Thanks, Steve

So it was him. The one Beatle guitar I knew he had was the "Paperback Writer" SG.

– DCBirdMan

Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites!

teatv apk

[gbwhatsapp](https://apkfasak.com/gb-whatsapp-apk/) [blackmart apk](https://apkfasak.com/blackmart-apk/) [minecraft apk](https://apkfasak.com/minecraft-pocket-edition-apk/)

Register Sign in to join the conversation