Other Guitars

ANGD

Another New Guitar Day

Got a smoking deal on a transparent white Reverend Buckshot, before I went out and bought the Telecaster, and the Buckshot arrived yesterday. It's purdurn nice.

Of course, in order to be a real guitar, it needed a Bigsby, so it's now a BigShot.

Dang. Building the stable lately, eh? With a bunch of cool stuff, might I add.

That is Yummy!

Congrats Frank!

The aul wallets taking a battering this week ,eh...

Purdy! Now I want one!

I've been looking at Reverends recently. I wanna stick a Jazzmaster trem into it though, which I don't know what it will sound like with a 24 3/4 scale.

All their bolt-on necks (except the Unknown Hinson/Stu D Baker models) have 25.5" scales like the BigShot here.

Looks like I might have infected you with my recent bout of Tele disease.

I've been looking at Reverends recently. I wanna stick a Jazzmaster trem into it though, which I don't know what it will sound like with a 24 3/4 scale.

– Devil's Tool

Jazzmaster tremolos sound and work fine with a 24.75" scale. I have a 24.75" neck on this Jazzpartsmaster.

And yeah Frank, congratulations! You should have a huge guitar collection to match your huge playing ability.

That's the Rev guitar I want, let us know how it bonds with you.

That picture of the BigShot qualifies for a "What's wrong with this picture?" classification, as I shot it before trying to close the lid, and realized it wouldn't close all the way. So, not wanting to carry it around under my arm unlatched, I relocated the GK-3 control head and stuck it down with some low-profile DualLock. Now it closes like it should.

Also worthy of note: I usually use Dunlop Straploks for all my guitars. They're not perfect, but, I've always used them. And I liked them better than Schallers. Until now. Schaller has a new version of their Strap Locks that fixes all the design problems I felt they had, and then some. They made the posts longer, so they're easier to grab, and go through thicker straps. They've got a thumb-tightenable nut that doesn't need a washer, and it's got a set screw in the side so you can lock it down (albeit with a non-included tiny screwdriver), the part on the strap that attaches to the button on the guitar is wider on the end which makes a big difference in how easy it is to attach or detach, and the button itself is one piece (plus the included felt washer to protect your guitar) that screws in (with a screw close to the same size as most stock strap button screws, so no drilling) with a 3mm hex key (also not included). $20 for the chrome ones, which are of course out of stock everywhere, and $30 for all other finishes. I splurged. But I don't think I'll go back and retrofit all my other guitars. That would be spendy.

Register Sign in to join the conversation