Other Guitars

All glass guitar. Interesting.

But the bridge isn't glass. I have glass bridges. Why doesn't it have a glass bridge?

And metal frets. I played a guitar at NAMM years ago which had a glass fretboard; each fret was actually ground into a wedge, short toward the nut and higher toward the bridge, so the surface was a a subtle series of small ramps. No problem in playing, seemed to sound great.

This guy doesn't do a glass nut either.

He's not taking advantage of the properties of glass anywhere in the guitar's suspension system.

Still, undeniably cool, though I wouldn't choose the pointy model with just one pickup. And nowhere in the FAQs on the website does Alex Morningstar address weight..

https://www.morningstarglas...

Well, ok, MOSTLY glass guitar

It would be interesting to see glass 'frets' molded into the fingerboard and a glass bridge. Would the tone be more sparkly, more shimmery? Only The Shadow knows.

"I played a guitar at NAMM years ago which had a glass fretboard; each fret was actually ground into a wedge, short toward the nut and higher toward the bridge, so the surface was a a subtle series of small ramps. No problem in playing, seemed to sound great."

You thinking of the carbon fiber fingerboard on the Bond Electraglide, Tim?

https://www.bondelectraglid...

You thinking of the carbon fiber fingerboard on the Bond Electraglide, Tim?

The construction concept for the fingerboard was similar, but it wasn't the Electraglide, no. It was definitely a species of glass. I think the company who made it is gone now - no surprise for something so different - but I may have pics from NAMM on an archive hard drive. If I get really motivated, maybe I'll look for them.

But the bridge isn't glass. I have glass bridges. Why doesn't it have a glass bridge?

And metal frets. I played a guitar at NAMM years ago which had a glass fretboard; each fret was actually ground into a wedge, short toward the nut and higher toward the bridge, so the surface was a a subtle series of small ramps. No problem in playing, seemed to sound great.

This guy doesn't do a glass nut either.

He's not taking advantage of the properties of glass anywhere in the guitar's suspension system.

Still, undeniably cool, though I wouldn't choose the pointy model with just one pickup. And nowhere in the FAQs on the website does Alex Morningstar address weight..

https://www.morningstarglas...

– Proteus

You forgot about glass strings. Very transparent tone. Just don't try to bend them.

Cool guitar Bonedaddy.

interesting...would love to play the stones shattered or nick lowes crackin up on it!!

hah

cheers

interesting...would love to play the stones shattered or nick lowes crackin up on it!!

hah

cheers

– neatone

Perfect! .. and don't forget "(I love the sound of) Breaking Glass" off Pure Pop for Now People!

Reminds me slightly of those Rickenbacker plexiglass (acrylic?) "Lightshow" guitars (which also were quite heavy, btw)

Still, it's nice to see someone trying something new. Elsewise, the product would never evolve, right?

Perfect! .. and don't forget "(I love the sound of) Breaking Glass" off Pure Pop for Now People!

– Major7th

how could i have overlooked!

cheers

Imagine how much better it would sound in.... wood!

– TheNocturneBrain

after a year in the hole..wood guitars are boring!! haha

break out the quartz crystal!

cheers

The crystal ship is being built.

Ummm, being the klutz I am, I'd be worried about cracking or chipping off pieces of the guitar, or worse yet, bumping the headstock into something, and shattering it. I bet it weighs even more than the guitars Fender and BC Rich made out of Lucite - and those guitars weigh a ton. Some non-tradtitional guitar materials just don't work in a practical sense.

I'd pay $ to see Pete Townsend demo it!

Very cool and most attractive. Good vid by that feller, too....entertaining.

So when I found out

What it was I didn't want

I got new armor

And I started to hunt

Cause at the bottom of the well

The seed is a pit

And it makes me wanna make the world

Nervous as shit

Because I'm made of gold, brass

And I wanna break it like glass

glass

glass

macphisto, I gradually recognized those lyrics as I read them. The album didn't come with a lyric sheet and I could never understand most of them.

it can be tricky. i rely on internet lyrics sites for most lyrics now that CD covers require a Sherlock Holmes handheld magnifier to read.

what i found humorous was the lyric sheet from the Signals, Calls and Marches EP which consisted of the words from every song arranged in alphabetical order.

For the videographer: Less talk. Let's hear it, and perhaps without a ring modulator, tons of distortion then a slide. Now we have no idea what it sounds like.

I'd pay $ to see Pete Townsend demo it!

– Opie

I'm sure Nick Lowe would chip (hah!) in too.

Register Sign in to join the conversation