Other Guitars

Advice on a Tele

Telechamp,

That's what my main player is.

Perfect weight, feel and sound, dead stock as it came.

My other CV is a pine body one, and someone put a hotrail in the bridge. I'm not sure if I want to keep that in there.

– crowbone

You nailed it - this is the exact way I would describe mine as well, Crowbone. Yep, I haven't felt the need to do any mods on mine at all. In fact, I was playing my CV Custom for a couple hours just last night..

I've got a CV50's in pine, also. Love 'em both!

Not to hijack the thread, but those of you with CV customs (or other Teles for that matter), I'm considering switching strings from 9s to 10s. I like playing a lot of blues on the Tele, and bending (my 5422 has 11s but I know it's a shorter scale). Anyone find 10s not bendy enough on a Tele?

Not to hijack the thread, but those of you with CV customs (or other Teles for that matter), I'm considering switching strings from 9s to 10s. I like playing a lot of blues on the Tele, and bending (my 5422 has 11s but I know it's a shorter scale). Anyone find 10s not bendy enough on a Tele?

– Jimbodiddley

I've got 10's on both of my CV Teles, and have no problem with that gauge on them - but I'm considering switching to 9's - as I have just put 9's on all my Strats, and I seem to prefer that gauge now on Fenders.

So, I plan to switch over to 9's on the Teles with the next string change.

My '52 AVRI is best thing I've played. I'll never sell it. I have another tele with a bigsby for variety, but I love that 52.

Register Sign in to join the conversation