Other Guitars

A Gretschified Tele

I think it's safe to say most of us Gretsch fanatics have a tele or two tucked away in our collections. I started this build as a tele but the Gretsch Demons soon took hold and I ended up with this fine specimen. It's even got a zero fret which I really dig. Hopefully most of you will appreciate this. Cheers!

interesting...of course orange would have made it that much more gretsch!! haha

perhaps the most interesting feature is the zero fret...also looks like a fairly flat wide fretboard..who made the neck?...looks good for fingerpicking

nice job...enjoy

cheers

I had too many flaws in the body so the orange stain was out. It did cross my mind ...many times:) I shaped the neck myself from a curly maple plank with a 9.5" stumac fingerboard . I think my camera lens gave the neck a few extra pounds.

hah..ok ..well done nevertheless!!!

good work!!!

cheers

I'm your exception and I don't think anyone around here is surprised by that. I don't have a Tele in my place, stashed or otherwise. For me, they don't do a thing for me visually and they just aren't made to suit my playing fingerstyle - radius isn't flat enough, neck isn't wide enough and doesn't produce that Gretsch sound, notwithstanding this one.

Sweet! Teles led me to GRETSCH! Teles and Kay archtops.... Very cool!

I'm your exception and I don't think anyone around here is surprised by that. I don't have a Tele in my place, stashed or otherwise. For me, they don't do a thing for me visually and they just aren't made to suit my playing fingerstyle - radius isn't flat enough, neck isn't wide enough and doesn't produce that Gretsch sound, notwithstanding this one.

– Windsordave

A flatter, wider neck would be an interesting project.

Sweet! Teles led me to GRETSCH! Teles and Kay archtops.... Very cool!

– hilosean

Yep. I had a tele first also. Took me over ten years to get to my first Gretsch. Gretsches were untouchable when I was a kid back in the 80's in Ireland.

My gretsch inspired tele. TV Jones T'armonds. sounds killer.

I don't see a reason to gretschify a Telecaster.

Register Sign in to join the conversation