Other Guitars

6120 custom build

Yep I’m almost done with this one as well with my R logo routed in using my dremel with a steady hand, but I used 12 pieces of wood for the sides like a puzzle mahogany and birds eye maple , waiting til next week for the T-Armonds to arrive from tvjones the

Fretboard, back and white ebony wood pearl inlays

Head stock with my signature used pearl shells smashed with hammers and epoxy

I regularly follow your build threads, Brian. And although I like some of your guitars and ideas more than others I have to say your work is really unique. To make it clear: That's a good thing.

Any idea how many guitars you have built over the last years? And what do you do with those? Do you sell them? The sum of the parts alone must be very expensive.

Sascha

Brian, I love the look of that! It's like an alternate universe cartoon version! I'd love to have one like that in a Filtertron version.

I regularly follow your build threads, Brian. And although I like some of your guitars and ideas more than others I have to say your work is really unique. To make it clear: That's a good thing.

Any idea how many guitars you have built over the last years? And what do you do with those? Do you sell them? The sum of the parts alone must be very expensive.

Sascha

– sascha

I must of done 50 at least, about 10 that I didn’t care fore I sold the bodies and neck on eBay and reused the parts , I actually sold one for 1500.00 to a guy in Kentucky who gave it to his cousin in a band called blackstonecherry, i would like to sell some more but it’s not easy unless you get lucky enough to have a celebrity buy one , I rather keep them then give it away, for me it’s like therapy to create, I’m not a good player but good enough to enjoy building and playing to my abilities, thanks for the compliments, the one pictured is the one that I sold

Hey BR, how are the necks set / attached?

Your building skills have come a long way over the years. This is some great-looking work.

I'm really fascinated by the cream-colored guitar in the background of the first photo, with the basket-weave sides and the diamond-shaped segmentation of the f-hole (that is really cool!). Have you shown that one here yet?

Paul/FF909

Hey BR, how are the necks set / attached?

– Setzer

Titebond and a screw like picture

Your building skills have come a long way over the years. This is some great-looking work.

I'm really fascinated by the cream-colored guitar in the background of the first photo, with the basket-weave sides and the diamond-shaped segmentation of the f-hole (that is really cool!). Have you shown that one here yet?

Paul/FF909

– Frequent Flyer 909

Yes it’s on the pages it’s a falcon sized build almost done just waiting on the t-armonds

As a general rule, I don't like custom builds. They just aren't visually appealing to me, but I have to say MVP, I find your designs to be incredibly brilliant aesthetically. I've never seen anything the like of what your imagination creates. And they all have a visual connection to Gretsch designs, which I find sweet! Congrats to your ingenuity.

I must of done 50 at least, about 10 that I didn’t care fore I sold the bodies and neck on eBay and reused the parts , I actually sold one for 1500.00 to a guy in Kentucky who gave it to his cousin in a band called blackstonecherry, i would like to sell some more but it’s not easy unless you get lucky enough to have a celebrity buy one , I rather keep them then give it away, for me it’s like therapy to create, I’m not a good player but good enough to enjoy building and playing to my abilities, thanks for the compliments, the one pictured is the one that I sold

– mvpgretsch

That’s pretty cool Brian! I’ve wondered myself how many you’ve built and for one to end up in the BlackStone Cherry camp too.Kinda wonder if Ben Wells ended up with it if the one you sold had a Gretschy vibe to it because Ben uses a couple of Falcons in rotation.

That’s pretty cool Brian! I’ve wondered myself how many you’ve built and for one to end up in the BlackStone Cherry camp too.Kinda wonder if Ben Wells ended up with it if the one you sold had a Gretschy vibe to it because Ben uses a couple of Falcons in rotation.

– Michael Williams

Yeah Ben has it his cousin gave it to him

Yeah Ben has it his cousin gave it to him

– mvpgretsch

Well hell yeah,that is awesome!!!!! :)

Register Sign in to join the conversation