Other guitar-y things

Wide fixed Bigsby handle

Do Bigsby still make the wide stationary handle? I can't seem to find one anywhere. Anyone have any experience with them or where I might locate one?

Got to re-try a modern one recently on a Custom Shop 1955 6120. I'm not sure the year of the 6120 (2005?) but I could get used to the fixed handle easily, but I prefer a Duane Eddy handle. The anodized gold Bigsby is way cool. IIRC doesn't the Cliff jet come with one?

Got to re-try a modern one recently on a Custom Shop 1955 6120. I'm not sure the year of the 6120 (2005?) but I could get used to the fixed handle easily, but I prefer a Duane Eddy handle. The anodized gold Bigsby is way cool. IIRC doesn't the Cliff jet come with one?

– lx

Yeah I think the Cliff jet does have one. Its shorter and narrower tho.

They used to be a dime a dozen! Not sure what happened. There are a couple of conspicuously blank spaces on the once-reliable Guitar Parts Resource page.

Joe Carducci may be able to help!

I would just contact Bigsby directly, though. There's never been that much demand for them, so they may have a stash somewhere.

Yeah I think the Cliff jet does have one. Its shorter and narrower tho.

– tabletop

I'm pretty sure that the Cliff handle is the only one that exists. In fact I don't think that there were any "short" Bigsby handles, save some obscure vintage example. Ed Ball would know for sure about the vintage Bigsby handles. If you got a '56/7 6120 with what we now call a Duane Eddy handle, the same handle lived on the 6121 Solid Body, aka the Chet Jet.

0495-0882 I’m not sure if that is the same length, it looks closest. Warwick.de lists them, Bigsby Stationary Handle Model #2. I can’t find it elsewhere. I would see if you can order it.

https://www.bigsby.com/reso... https://www.bigsby.com/wp-c...

– hammerhands

Yeah I came to the conclusion that the one I’m after is part no. 0495-0882. I’ve contacted Bigsby directly.

I'm pretty sure that the Cliff handle is the only one that exists. In fact I don't think that there were any "short" Bigsby handles, save some obscure vintage example. Ed Ball would know for sure about the vintage Bigsby handles. If you got a '56/7 6120 with what we now call a Duane Eddy handle, the same handle lived on the 6121 Solid Body, aka the Chet Jet.

– lx

Yeah you might be right...perhaps it’s not shorter...but it’s narrower and a slightly different shape.

The email I got back from Bigsby...well Fender really was that as the manufacturer they do not offer parts for direct sale. They listed a few dealers and websites all of which I've tried. This fixed arm handle really seems to have vanished from everywhere.

I have an un-used one at my shop.

I have an un-used one at my shop.

– Billy Zoom

Really? Would I be able to buy it? I'm based in the UK so I don't know if thats a problem.

About 15 years ago a fellow gdper Herve repro’d a few of these. I got one and I secured a few for Cad Green. They were great, but as you would expect from a short run they were expensive and one or two needed a bit of ‘tricking up’. That’s no reflection on Herve’s work, it’s just the nature of the beast.

Then Fender got on-board and repro’d them on a much larger scale so Herve’s efforts, to a degree, went to waste.

An original will be tough to find and pricey, but if you’re happy with a repro you’ll find one, looks like Billy has you covered,

About 15 years ago a fellow gdper Herve repro’d a few of these. I got one and I secured a few for Cad Green. They were great, but as you would expect from a short run they were expensive and one or two needed a bit of ‘tricking up’. That’s no reflection on Herve’s work, it’s just the nature of the beast.

Then Fender got on-board and repro’d them on a much larger scale so Herve’s efforts, to a degree, went to waste.

An original will be tough to find and pricey, but if you’re happy with a repro you’ll find one, looks like Billy has you covered,

– Deke Martin

Yeah I think i've read before on an old thread about those Herve repro ones. They looked cool. I'm quite happy with a repro.

I sent you a direct message Billy.

Anyone know if direct messaging is working?

I'm actually looking for the exact same thing, a Gold fixed arm Bigsby. model B6GBVF Can't find em anywhere. I have one of the chrome ones Herve did back in the day.

I'm actually looking for the exact same thing, a Gold fixed arm Bigsby. model B6GBVF Can't find em anywhere. I have one of the chrome ones Herve did back in the day.

– Mr. Trouble

Yeah I guess I didn't realise how niche they were!

Not interested in selling your Herve one by any chance?

The B6BVF (without the G) seems to be a narrow handle? That is stated for the G6120DSW in the 125th anniversary catalog, the Bigsby shown is not fixed? Very confusing. It is shown in the 2007 catalog on the G6120WCST-1955. If you google G6120WCST there is a Stephen Stern with a gold fixed wide handle.

The gold narrow handle isn't too hard to find.

And the wide handle is listed at warwick.de and rock-gear.de but is expensive. https://shop.warwick.de/en/...

The B6BVF (without the G) seems to be a narrow handle? That is stated for the G6120DSW in the 125th anniversary catalog, the Bigsby shown is not fixed? Very confusing. It is shown in the 2007 catalog on the G6120WCST-1955. If you google G6120WCST there is a Stephen Stern with a gold fixed wide handle.

The gold narrow handle isn't too hard to find.

And the wide handle is listed at warwick.de and rock-gear.de but is expensive. https://shop.warwick.de/en/...

– hammerhands

Many thanks...those two sites have the first wide handled fixed arm I've seen for sale anywhere. Really are expensive!

Hey Tabletop, PM me...

– Deke Martin

done

Register Sign in to join the conversation