Other Equipment

what loop pedal would you recommend?

I don't have a loop deal and haven't had one before i would like to know what others think are good and what features are useful to have.

This came up the other day. I think Strymon is coming out with a looper called Ditto, that looks good. Don't know if it's released yet

Is there a link you could point to? I can't find any thread by Strymon. Thanks

over the top capabilities, fidelity and long long looping potential

digitech stereo jamman

ease and simple but with good fidelity

new tc electronics looper

cheers

The answer to your question would have an awful lot with what you planned to do with it.........

It is small and simple but might just be perfect for practice.Link...

Yes, I was going to say the TC Electronics Ditto. There is the Digitech JamMan also, (among others) which has a lot of features..... (maybe too many)

Ditto is simple and uses multiple foot-switch presses rather than lots of dedicated switches.

wow that Ditto looks cool! I'm also new on the loopers world, and I use a boss Rc-2. It is a great pedal, and has lots of functions. One of the best for me is that it has 11 banks so you can rec 11 pasages or riffs to practice or even to play live. But definitely I have to check the tc electronics Ditto!

I use a boss Rc-2. It is a great pedal, I use a boss Rc-2. It is a great pedal, Danny.

Would you say that the Boss Rc2 is clean inline and bypassed, and doesn't change the sound or muffle it, or add unwanted eq? I want to buy one, but I don't want it to colour the sound.

I have an older generation Digitech Jamman two pedal unit. Man, for an old guy like me, it's a steep learning curve. The hardest part of pretty much any looper is getting your loop to be seamless.

I got so frustrated with that, that in a drawer it went. I pulled it out recently and gave a little more patience, actually read the manual cover to cover, and still have problems. But it's fun to jam over and create for sure. The little TC unit looks like it does it's job with no fanfare and no complicated stuff.

mostly going to use it to put rythum on loop and play the lead for practice.

I have an older generation Digitech Jamman two pedal unit. Man, for an old guy like me, it's a steep learning curve. The hardest part of pretty much any looper is getting your loop to be seamless.. Parralax view

The Digitech Jamman has a metronome (I think?) but the TC Ditto does not. Will it be harder to get a seamless loop without a metronome?

Register Sign in to join the conversation