Other Equipment

What guitar stand do you prefer?

Here's the deal. I need to buy 3 matching guitar stands for a couple trade shows I have coming up. All 3 guitars have a 16" body with varying depths. The local guitar shop here has won me over so I'd probably be buying them online. What I want to know is "What Guitar Stand do you prefer?" I don't want to drop a huge chunk of change on them, but I want something that will fit the guitars, be sturdy & not look offensive(The guitars need to draw attention, not the stands8-)).

Nitro or poly finishes on the guitars? My guitars are poly so I use this cheapie:

http://www.guitarcenter.com...

I understand that the foam attacks nitro finishes, though, so be aware of that.

Anyway, they work, they're cheap, and I assure you, they are unobtrusive.

I really like the Hercules stands.

I use ULTRA stands. The link I've provided is for wider body guitars, 3"+, but they also make the same stand for solidbody and thin hollowbody guitars. I've used these for years and have yet to have an accident with them (knock on wood).

Link...

I like the Onstage A-frame stand . stable, sturdy, the adjustable leg width can accomodate my oddly shaped Canton, and can also hold the oud with the back facing out (see lower right):

My favorite are also the on stage A frames. My Gretsch's always feel very secure on them.

On stage Stands. The single ones. They come on sale for like 2 for $11 4 times a year, I've never broken one, and have 4 of them...

My guitars have never taken a spill cause of the stand thats for sure, and I can only really remember one fall in the last 2 years (no fault to the stand, I set it poorly and walked away and heard a crash)

On Stage A frames. Guitars lean back nicely, sit low and therefore have a low center of gravity thus minimizing danger of the dreaded fall-over.

On Stage A frames. Guitars lean back nicely, sit low and therefore have a low center of gravity thus minimizing danger of the dreaded fall-over.

– Judd

– Judd

Same here. The arms are wide for fat archtops or flattop guitars, and have a dip in the middle for solidbody guitars. They are also cheap and made pretty well. I had my girlfriend make me little booties out of felt that go over the rubber arms so there is no risk of damage to finishes. A t-shirt or any other fabric tied around it does the same thing.

I've got a Quik-Lok guitar stand like that On-Stage A-Frame.

Also this little Dixon, that seems to be sold under different names. It's ultra-portable!

Hercules, to me, is the best option for both electrics and acoustics. Both versions (the "tall" one and the "floor" one). There's a 3-slots one which I used to have on stage. Pretty cool too.

Hercules for me.

I like the Jones 2000. A little eye-catching, but that's just me.

Cool! Thanks for all the replies. I went with the Ultimate stand which is pretty much a copy of the Hercules. Simple & Sturdy!

Hercules for me.

– JimR56

Hercules for me.

– JimR56

I have 4 of these and my boys also have them, I think they are the best I have ever owned and they are safe for lacquer finish. They are solid as a rock and the guitar hangs from the headstock just like the wall hooks in my house.

One of these has always seemed pretty functional to me. But, I understand that they can become temperamental over time.

She is not in my budget or best interest:D

Register Sign in to join the conversation