Other Equipment

Tuner Pedal for Stage… What’s your favorite?

Looking to replace my old Boss TU-2... I was considering the Korg Pitchblack, or a PolyTune. What is your favorite? Do you have experience (positive or negative) with either of the pedals I mentioned? Do you use anything different than these two? Thanks all!

I use a clip on snark tuner.

My polytune is the best one I've used. Quick, easy to read, gets brighter in more light so it's easier to see.

I have a polytune, I like being able to ring out all the strings at once to quickly see if anything is way off. I like it better than the Boss TU-2 I used to have. Bigger brighter display than the Boss.

I just ordered a Korg Pitchblack Advanced to test it against the polytune. My main issue is I want something I can see well enough without my glasses on. My vision isn't that bad without em but the polytune uses lots of small leds, without my glasses they tend to blur a little, where the Pitchblack Advanced looks like a larger display with larger leds. I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Clip tuner (Snark). I have three that are accurate enough to be interchangeable, so I slip one on each instrument in a gig. One nice thing (I play a lot of acoustic) is they still work when the guitar isn't plugged in.

I've been using a Korg Pitchblack for years, and it works great for me.

– Pt

Snark 100%

I really like the Polytune. It's fast, easy, accurate, and legible!

I got a little bit older, Silver Pitchblack.

Works great for my tired eyes.

I use a planet waves but it reflects light and makes it difficult sometime to read the lights.

Sonic Research Turbo Tuner. I have the older ST-200 model.

Planet Waves NS micro. The stealthy headstock tuner. You can buy them in 2 packs for under $20 online. So I bought a bunch and leave them on all my guitars. They are so small they don’t get knocked off taking them in and out of the gigbag.

– Pt

That's what I use. I keep one in every guitar case.

I used a pitchblack for many years until it quit on my a few months ago. I bought a polytune3 to replace it, because it was the same price and had a buffer.

I've been using a Korg Pitchblack for a few years now. it's nice and bright.

Waiting on my TU-2 to die so I can get a PolyTune.

My guitars tune themselves. I put RoboTuners on every single one of them and it's the best invention since the digital Kemper amp.

Sonic Research Turbo Tuner. I have the older ST-200 model.

– mugsy

Me too, never had a problem with it!

Pitchblack here, ten years. I have a Polytune, Boss TU3 Waza and Snark when I’m lazy to bring pedals.

My guitars tune themselves. I put RoboTuners on every single one of them and it's the best invention since the digital Kemper amp.

– sascha

Now that's a great idea! I bet they look amazing on your 58 Club!

I get the convenience of snarks. But what a way to clutter up a pretty headstock.

Now that's a great idea! I bet they look amazing on your 58 Club!

– Danman

You should hear it through the Kemper profile of your '60 Tweed Deluxe, Dan. :)

You should hear it through the Kemper profile of your '60 Tweed Deluxe, Dan. :)

– sascha

I can't wait! Please bring it to the next Round Up..... I'll but the Deluxe up for sale now....

Register Sign in to join the conversation