Other Equipment

The Nocturne MYSTERY BRAIN BS-301 vintage Japanese preamp/dig tape …

Tavo, I didn't see a price on the blog or website (I could have missed it). If you don't object to me asking, how much will these sell for?

Hey, are these 18v? How are they with the Pedal Power supplies? Clip sounds great.

I wish I liked playing with delay, because I really like the way this sounds in other people's hands (feet?). Protey's demo was great.

Kudos....that pedal is amazing. Great demo also. Tavo, you don't give yourself enough credit. You're like the People's Wizard of Effects Pedals.

thank you guys!

@diggey 9v standard operation, you can use 12v. @Jeff O, it will magically reappear at midnight PST. (if the software does its job)

Fantastic Tavo; congrats! Unfortunately Elizabeth has some work to do to catch up to Benjamin. That $365 USD (a very good price BTW) is $492 CAD plus our 13% sales tax and shipping, so probably around $565-575 CAD. Not your problem of course, just FYI in case you are wondering why Canuck orders are slow coming.

Fantastic Tavo; congrats! Unfortunately Elizabeth has some work to do to catch up to Benjamin. That $365 USD (a very good price BTW) is $492 CAD plus our 13% sales tax and shipping, so probably around $565-575 CAD. Not your problem of course, just FYI in case you are wondering why Canuck orders are slow coming.

– Journeyman

Journeyman, I am going through the same interior dialogue. I really would like one of these--they look and sound great on Tavo's clip--but it might be a tad selfish for me to spend $500+ on myself the month before Christmas. We'll see if the evil or the good "'me" wins out on this one?

Congrats Tavo! Wish I had the money right now. Same thing with Euros like CAD... And my back is getting new ink next week. Hopefully Christmas money will be plenty enough for a new box of wonders

– Journeyman

If you offer immigration we can make an arrangement for hand delivery. Does it snow much? I like warm weather :)

If you offer immigration we can make an arrangement for hand delivery. Does it snow much? I like warm weather :)

– TheNocturneBrain.com™

Yes it does, and it's lurking....any morning now we'll wake up to the joy of shoveling the white s$%^& out of the driveway and scraping ice off the windshield. California sounds WAY better Tavo. You're welcome to set up shop in my basement any time though.

I spent a week in Santa Monica a few years ago and between the weather, the bands playing at Venice Beach on the weekends, and Tru Tone Music I did not want to go back to Philadelphia and winter. My kids, who were both in high school at the time loved it too. It really is teenage paradise.

Now I have something to look forward to in deepest winter. February can't come soon enough!

Gretschadelphia Its pretty warm here and dry but my youngest still keeps hoping it will snow somedayStrum, how deep does the winter get there?

ps. journeyman are there zoning laws for businesses in basements? :)

The rains are late here. Hence the fires up north, and some around here, but not close. Usually it;s cold and rainy. Jerusalem is in the mountains, so it gets pretty cold. Snows a bit, once or twice, most winters. But I walked the dog in a sweater this morning and was comfortable.

Gretschadelphia Its pretty warm here and dry but my youngest still keeps hoping it will snow somedayStrum, how deep does the winter get there?

– TheNocturneBrain.com™

There is no zoning issue unless you are doing certain types of manufacturing. For example, a spray booth in your house venting to the outside would probably be an issue If you operate a business out of your house in Canada you can write off the cost of the space on your taxes against income from the business. For example, if my practice room or studio is say 10% of the total area of my house, I can calculate 10% of my property taxes, heat and hydro and write the amount off against any income from playing gigs or private teaching. I assume it is the same in the U.S.

One of the biggest problems with operating a small manufacturing business in Canada is the very small domestic market. Shipping across the border is expensive and adds greatly to the cost of products.

You are really in Jerusalem? dude that is really cool!

– TheNocturneBrain.com™

Thought you knew we moved permanently. Come for a visit. I will take you to see everything. I know where to find the stone that was at the herodian gate that Jesus stepped across as he was taken to the crucifixion. I walk my dog every morning in the Valley of the Cross, where according to tradition they cut the three from which they made his cross (if we believe the visions of St. Helena...no argued with the Emperor's mom, but I think her visions were likely informed by local tradition, which makes them pretty credible).

The monastery in the background here marks the tree's location. Five minutes by foot from our apartment.

– TheNocturneBrain.com™

I'd be more than happy to send you as much snow as you want as we seem to get plenty. Anywhere from a couple inches to three feet is possible anytime during winter here. Of course it gets cold, cold, cold especially in January and February. I also live in a rowhouse and parking is tight and gets to be a real headache in the snow in my neighborhood. Of course this is probably minor league stuff compared to winter for folks who live further north or in parts of the midwest. Snow was fun when I was a kid, as an almost 60 year old I could truly do without it. I have a nephew who lives in Nevada City, CA who is really into snowboarding and biking and he gets the best of both worlds. It never seems to snow in Nevada City so he bikes year round but it's just a one or two hour drive to get to where there's tons of snow.

Thought you knew we moved permanently. Come for a visit. I will take you to see everything. I know where to find the stone that was at the herodian gate that Jesus stepped across as he was taken to the crucifixion. I walk my dog every morning in the Valley of the Cross, where according to tradition they cut the three from which they made his cross (if we believe the visions of St. Helena...no argued with the Emperor's mom, but I think her visions were likely informed by local tradition, which makes them pretty credible).

– Strummerson

I knew you'd moved to Israel but... Pretty amazing to live in a land w such ancient lore and history!

I'd be more than happy to send you as much snow as you want as we seem to get plenty. Anywhere from a couple inches to three feet is possible anytime during winter here. Of course it gets cold, cold, cold especially in January and February. I also live in a rowhouse and parking is tight and gets to be a real headache in the snow in my neighborhood. Of course this is probably minor league stuff compared to winter for folks who live further north or in parts of the midwest. Snow was fun when I was a kid, as an almost 60 year old I could truly do without it. I have a nephew who lives in Nevada City, CA who is really into snowboarding and biking and he gets the best of both worlds. It never seems to snow in Nevada City so he bikes year round but it's just a one or two hour drive to get to where there's tons of snow.

– Gretschadelphia

my youngest is begging me to drive him up into the mountains as its snowing near 3500 ft level.. just rain here. Tough luck for the kid, I've gotta work :)

Register Sign in to join the conversation