Other Equipment

..the Legend of El Pescadoro surfaces

folklore has it, the legendary luchador of the california coast & gypsy matador of the of the seven seas: El Pescadoro, once shared a fishing expedition across chi-town's waterfront w Leonard Chess. ??!

Or...in mere literal terms, a non-un-Brainlike preamp with several gain and/or contour options has been paired with an emulation of a Fender tank reverb with short and long ranges, adorned with superb make-me-want-it Vince Ray graphics?

Those graphics are indeed superlative! Vince really knocked this one outta the proverbial park.

If it's what Proteus says it is, shut up and take my money while I still have a little.

On a box called "Pescadoro," instead of labels saying "Bass" and "Guitar," there should be pictures:

Bass:

Guitarfish:

Wow, if looks could kill...... Sound samples, we need sound samples!

no 60's "reverb tank" here at all.. this is way before premier & leo got springy. Think 50s! When you hear the opening rift in Maybelline by Chuck Berry or Bo Diddley's first hit Road Runner of Chess's Checker label, you hear that sound. In the first 12 seconds of Etta James "at last" you hear a dramatic shift of the studio space around the strings, to an upfront sound of string and then her voice hits enveloped in natural reverb. Universal Recording and Chess Records had a beautifully dense, warm, and open quality. Early on it was chambers and later in the 50's it was both chamber, drainpipe mics hanging down in the basement AND 600lbs electroplate EMT. No springs there and not really any particular room but a culmination of sounds from blaring guitar amps in the recording space, and that sound in the tube mixing console sent through a floor drainpipe w a speaker into a basement to ribbon and tube mics.. not to mention the melding of the EMT 140 mechanical steel plates and magnetic drivers. Its a 50's haunting bloom that is neither tape echo or reverberating 60's springs. The irony is this is a live sound that surrounds a guitar in a mix, its not an on-top surface effect, that drippy springs created in the 60s.. its the underneath, below the chop of the waves churn and boil. The darkness of salty kelp fingers reaching up from in the shallows of the waterfront's glimmering blue twilight. Or even the River bottom's silty turbulence murmuring beneath the winding edges of city streets.

Ayup.

Dancing about architecture. Gonna have to hear it, boss.

no 60's "reverb tank" here at all.. this is way before premier & leo got springy. Think 50s! When you hear the opening rift in Maybelline by Chuck Berry or Bo Diddley's first hit Road Runner of Chess's Checker label, you hear that sound. In the first 12 seconds of Etta James "at last" you hear a dramatic shift of the studio space around the strings, to an upfront sound of string and then her voice hits enveloped in natural reverb. Universal Recording and Chess Records had a beautifully dense, warm, and open quality. Early on it was chambers and later in the 50's it was both chamber, drainpipe mics hanging down in the basement AND 600lbs electroplate EMT. No springs there and not really any particular room but a culmination of sounds from blaring guitar amps in the recording space, and that sound in the tube mixing console sent through a floor drainpipe w a speaker into a basement to ribbon and tube mics.. not to mention the melding of the EMT 140 mechanical steel plates and magnetic drivers. Its a 50's haunting bloom that is neither tape echo or reverberating 60's springs. The irony is this is a live sound that surrounds a guitar in a mix, its not an on-top surface effect, that drippy springs created in the 60s.. its the underneath, below the chop of the waves churn and boil. The darkness of salty kelp fingers reaching up from in the shallows of the waterfront's glimmering blue twilight. Or even the River bottom's silty turbulence murmuring beneath the winding edges of city streets.

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

You been reading poetry?

If I didn’t know Tavo better, I’d ask what kind of mushrooms he was using before writing this stuff. But, like Proteus, his descriptive style is in a class by itself.

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

I'll have what he's having! Demo please!

Well, crap. I thought I was done buying pedals.

How many demo requests are required before we can actually hear the damn thing?

Well, I hate to say anything - but since it's the INTERnet and pixels are free, and I just LOVE to see my name onscreen, I will.

That image up yonder above looks suspiciously like a printed mockup of what's coming (and the stomp buttons are nicely composited, I must say). If it's NOT a proof print, it would be the first pedal I've seen with dashed lines to locate the center.

Could be we're seeing advance graphics for a prototype, is all I'm saying. Because on the GDP, of course, we get all important developments first.

Well, I hate to say anything - but since it's the INTERnet and pixels are free, and I just LOVE to see my name onscreen, I will.

That image up yonder above looks suspiciously like a printed mockup of what's coming (and the stomp buttons are nicely composited, I must say). If it's NOT a proof print, it would be the first pedal I've seen with dashed lines to locate the center.

Could be we're seeing advance graphics for a prototype, is all I'm saying. Because on the GDP, of course, we get all important developments first.

– Proteus

thats the final artwork for this 3rd prototype

Register Sign in to join the conversation