Other Equipment

The Dynobrain will be getting a tape echo emulator… Detroit Casket

No problem. I will be doing a custom amp top model come spring time.

– TheNocturneBrain.com™

Hey Tavo, anything new on the amp top model pics/mock-up etc? I'm really interested in this option.

Hey Tavo, anything new on the amp top model pics/mock-up etc? I'm really interested in this option.

– Bryan K.

Will make this a custom option next batch!

Target price?

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

Too much?

Hey Taco, anything new on the amp top model pics/mock-up etc? I'm really interested in this option.

Mystery Brain arrived. In Jerusalem. Echoing upon the hilltops. Abby mode has awoken the prophets. It's a joyful noise here in the land of the Bible. It's a magic box. Very bad for my productivity.

And just like that, it has become the single indispensible "desert island" pedal.

Not sure I understand. You can disengage the echo altogether and just use it as an atomic brain. When you engage the echo, there is a volume knob that controls the dry/wet mix. When you flip the modulation switch, it colors the entire signal that runs through the echo. You can also manipulate the time and repeats on the echo with modulation on for a bit of harmonic trem.

Well, with my RE-150 (and RE20) I have echoed signal going to another amp - and the dry sound goes to another amp. I just need them both totally separated.

Does it have both dry and effected out too?

– ChesterTheThird

I saw it at the French Lick roundup. If memory serves, just one input, one output.

yep its Mono, no stereo nonsense:) You can turn the echo on and off independently, tru-by. The blend control on the echo keeps the analog guitar signal 100% analog and you mix the wet into it. The echo circuit uses a Burr Brown audiofile opamp for its own preamp w a vishay metal film input cap, and the modulation circuit is also analog using a photocell. The echo itself is digi.

I'd you're handy with a soldering iron, you could probably pull a 100% wet signal from the echo mixer. You'd probably want to buffer it before sending to the amp though.

Is the delay from a PT2399 or a different chip?

Of course I could split the signal before the unit, if only the dry sound would be inaudible when wet knob is turned completely up.

Nice option with RE-20 is a direct switch that switches the direct sound on and off.

Of course I could split the signal before the unit, if only the dry sound would be inaudible when wet knob is turned completely up.

Nice option with RE-20 is a direct switch that switches the direct sound on and off.

– ChesterTheThird

Only downside to the RE-20 is that it digitizes your entire guitar signal. There is no dry analog guitar signal. Also an RE-20 is based on a Roland RE-201 space echo. A much different sounding unit compared to the RE-301 space echo. This doesnt mean its bad in any way shape or form, just nothing like the Brian Setzer sound w the RE-301 space echo. If you dont care about Setzer then its a mute point.Because Jonny Greenwood sounded/sounds incredible w the RE-201 space echo. (although I think he is using an RE-20 now too haha)

RE-20 may digitize the whole signal, but since I use the echoed signal only and the dry sound goes straight into another amp it doesn't matter to me. S

And RE-301 has A and B outputs - another being dry and another echoed when using echo program. That would be really useful in your machine too, me thinks.

Register Sign in to join the conversation