Other Equipment

Shameless Tru-Arc Puffery: Who’s got ‘em?

I think that everyone got what you were saying, Proteus. No harm done.

Proteus said:

My apologies, fellers. What I was trying to use as a criteria was "has the player had >music out in commercial release to the public, and is it available through some kind of >distribution*"... " -snip- ... "Beyond that, I know I'm not fully aware of the >recording/performing history of all my customers.

Didn't mean to slight anyone."

Is Amazon, iTunes and CDBaby considered some kind of distribution? ;-) I've had CD's available on Amazon since 1998, and available on iTunes since 2002.

But I don't feel slighted in any way, Tim. In this day and age of independent labels and virtual distribution, the lines between professional musician and hobbyist are more blurry than ever-- and then there are those like myself who tend to straddle that line in a "semi-pro" capacity. No worries though, I ain't lookin' fer no endorsement deal!

You done good Tim. No need to hang your head for anything.8-)

Yessir, Amazon, iTunes, and CDBaby are considered some kind of distribution.

See, another I left out. I couldn't afford endorsement deals for all of us...

Proteus said:

My apologies, fellers. What I was trying to use as a criteria was "has the player had >music out in commercial release to the public, and is it available through some kind of >distribution*"... " -snip- ... "Beyond that, I know I'm not fully aware of the >recording/performing history of all my customers.

Is Amazon, iTunes and CDBaby considered some kind of distribution? ;-) I've had CD's available on Amazon since 1998, and available on iTunes since 2002.

But I don't feel slighted in any way, Tim. In this day and age of independent labels and virtual distribution, the lines between professional musician and hobbyist are more blurry than ever-- and then there are those like myself who tend to straddle that line in a "semi-pro" capacity. No worries though, I ain't lookin' fer no endorsement deal!

– Tartan Phantom

Proteus said:

– tartan phantom

HERE, HERE!!

Tru-Arc Aluminium on my Falcon...

Count me in. I've got three brass and one aluminum in my arsenal.

Is this the part where I'm supposed to confess to having eight Tru-Arcs, at least one of each material, on my Gretsches?

Paul/FF909

Got a Tru-Arc trio going on here. My new Annie, Historic and Epi SG are all sporting ST-120's. Couldn't be better. In addition to the sonic and playability improvements they feel really good under your hand. Kinda sexy I'd say.

I gots a brass one on my 6120

I have an aluminum Tru-Arc on my 5120. I will be ordering one for my 6120 and Tennessee Rose soon!

Great job Tim!

Dylan

I figured out a way to get my second Tru Arc for free! All I had to do was buy a 6120DE.

NO sweat,Pro! Just joshing you. I have been left off of many more important lists. Including my sisters wedding, and my own 40th birthday party! ;-)

I sold my LP's out of my van...down by the river!

I think they are still there.

You will soon be adding Clint Love of KBT/Finsternis to your list of not-so-famous TruArc dudes. As soon as I get the coin, I'm going Stainless on my 5120!

No worries, Prot. Keep your endorsement list to the upper echelon. Just send me an xmas card next year. :)

That list is fine. Danny Vera might be on it too. 8-)

'Soon as my 5120's back up and playable, the brass Tru-Arc that I so desperately coveted (and then was lucky enough to win at the Ny-ish-veel Roundup!) will be gracing her seductive, piano-like-finished curves.

I'm hoping festival season will be good to me so I can get all the T-As I want. So far the list of guitars that need them is: 5120, 5124, 5129, 2910 (when I add a Bigsby), and SG (also when I add Bigsby). I think that's all the guitars I have with TOM posts, if you can find a way to mount one on a tele I'd be down.

I just ordered my first Tru-Arc (aluminum...AL-120) from Tim and I can't wait for it to arrive. It's going on my modded G5120, and I'm really looking forward to seeing/hearing/feeling the results!! Thanks Tim....:D

Besides having TruArcs on my electrics, I also have some in my parts drawer. How's that for extravagance?

Aluminum on my 5120, brass hole-tone on my Robelli ES-500.

They're not just for Gretsches anymore!

Discography:
DV8 - Take A Stance, available on vinyl for inflated prices as a collectors' item at various online sites in the US, Europe, Asia and Latin America; scheduled for re-release on CD later this year.
Ruby Moon - Keeper of the Key, available on CD by mail order from yours truly
Tazmanian Devils - Taz Nuvoux, available on CD or download from CDBaby

You should be proud to know that your Al Tru-Arc is on my 125th annie that rocks a heathen crowd every Friday night at a nudist club. THAT has got to be good advertisement!

Register Sign in to join the conversation