Other Equipment

Pedal Boards Show Us Yours

@Walter and Shuggie....the "Knee Trembler" is the best name ever for a pedal!!

I don't have a board per se because frankly I wouldn't know what to do with 99% of the pedals I see other folks using. My stage set-up is Atomic Brain>Danelectro Reel Echo>Boss TR-2 Tremolo (For Link Wray's "Rumble").

Three pedals in a row under my mic stand. The Reel Echo is on permanently, as is the 'Abby' setting on the Atomic Brain. I stomp the 'Normal' button on the Atomic Brain as a boost for solos and I only turn on the TR-2 for "Rumble" or for any of our Duane Eddy type instrumentals.

...and they all fit snugly, along with my guitar cables, tuner etc.. into this cool little vintage vanity case

I'm most likely not using the Atomic Brain the way Tavo intended...but it works for me.

I love this thread...

I love looking at all of these pedal boards.

I've always had an on again/off again relationship with pedals. For the longest time, I used so few effects that it was hard to justify building a board.

Eventually, GAS got the better of me.

There's nothing fancy here, but I have fun with it. I really like how easy Pedaltrain and VooDoo Lab make it to experiment.

On a side note, my uncle gave me the Boss Flanger when I first started playing. I'm proud to have it on my board.

Dylan

http://i1097.photobucket.co...

I’ve had a big role change in the past half year.

My basic sound for many years on open blues jams has been a tube screamer type distortion and a bit of reverb. My cover band from 2011-2016 was still very blues/rock based, so if I used anything else like tremolo or delay, it was sparingly. I had all the toys in my rig, but didn’t use it much.

My role in my new cover band has me covering synths or horn parts in addition to normal guitar parts. We do blues, rock, 90’s alternative, new country, classic country… really all over the place. Because of this, I’ve found myself using all sorts of combinations. I find myself recalling what I did on previous shows on the fly. So in between tunes, I’ll be feverously twisting nobs to dial in what is next on the setlist. Hell, just the country stuff is all over the place.

Some tunes I’ll do clean tone with tons of reverb and delay, others have distortion, back to clean with a little slap back. Sometimes everything is off.

I’m also performing with another guitar player for the first time in my career which has changed my approach slightly. I now have the liberty to pick my spots knowing he’s just fine strumming the basics of the tune. Of course, I’m sure I’d be fine with a basic overdrive and a bit of reverb, but what is the fun in that?

Here's mine. It changes often, but it's been like this for a while.

Latest: Pedaltrain Classic Jr with Voodoo Labs PP2+ power supply underneath. This is the signal chain before the amp, still experimenting with the pedal order.

Hey Nitro, Is that my GrandMa's old "unmentionables" travel suitcase? Looks awfully suspicious

Latest: Pedaltrain Classic Jr with Voodoo Labs PP2+ power supply underneath. This is the signal chain before the amp, still experimenting with the pedal order.

– audept

Very nice, clean pedalboard there! I've been contemplating an analog pedalboard for some time now, and have a few questions for you:

(1) I like the Pedaltrain pedal board frames, but I keep thinking that the wires hanging below the board would be a problem (becoming disconnected or damaged by accident). I suppose with lots of wire ties and clean wiring this problem can be avoided?

(2) Do you think having board input (from guitar) and output (to amp) jacks mounted on the pedal board iteself is better/cleaner, or just plug guitar/amp cables into the appropriate pedals themselves? I'm looking for reliability and avoiding accidentally disconnecting cables.

My goal is to have just one power cord (from the pedal board PS) and the input and output cables to connect the guitar and amp. Then I just need to plug in the amp itself and I'm done. Most of the venues I play have limited space, so simple and clean is good!

Very nice, clean pedalboard there! I've been contemplating an analog pedalboard for some time now, and have a few questions for you:

(1) I like the Pedaltrain pedal board frames, but I keep thinking that the wires hanging below the board would be a problem (becoming disconnected or damaged by accident). I suppose with lots of wire ties and clean wiring this problem can be avoided?

(2) Do you think having board input (from guitar) and output (to amp) jacks mounted on the pedal board iteself is better/cleaner, or just plug guitar/amp cables into the appropriate pedals themselves? I'm looking for reliability and avoiding accidentally disconnecting cables.

My goal is to have just one power cord (from the pedal board PS) and the input and output cables to connect the guitar and amp. Then I just need to plug in the amp itself and I'm done. Most of the venues I play have limited space, so simple and clean is good!

– Frank_NH

Point (1) - A couple of ties keep it clean as a whistle.

Point (2) Just plug in the in to the first pedal and the out to the last pedal. Why add an extra few connections? Fewer plugs means less to go wrong.

Point (1) - A couple of ties keep it clean as a whistle.

Point (2) Just plug in the in to the first pedal and the out to the last pedal. Why add an extra few connections? Fewer plugs means less to go wrong.

– Bob Howard

Thanks Bob.

Re: Point (2) My main concern was accidentally having a cable become unplugged from a pedal (versus a sturdy board-mounted jack), but after thinking about it, if there is some form of strain relief, that would be less likely, and I agree that fewer electric connections is better (i.e. less prone to noise or grounding issues).

I'm pretty much in agreement with Bob, as you can see from my pics. I'm still experimenting with pedal order, so not ready to contemplate fixed sockets for in/out .

Register Sign in to join the conversation