Other Equipment

Pedal Boards Show Us Yours

Show us your pedal boards. Curious what yours look like whether you built your own or purchased one.

Here's mine.....

– wabash slim

You don't use pedals I take it.

I have enough trouble figuring out the guitar.

I have enough trouble figuring out the guitar.

– wabash slim

I don't use pedals too often but echo is used sometimes.

The missus is more into pedals than I am so I folded one up out of sheet metal for her.

photo 20161106_122512_zpsamm2eqgn.jpg

photo 20161106_123138_zps8gj5pp25.jpg

photo 20161106_124240_zpsdcfhslvm.jpg

photo 20161106_170452_zpsuemr8ul9.jpg

The isolated power supply is tucked up underneath. Seems to work well enough. Now that I know better I would probably change a few things about it. Start with a vintage suitcase that is the right size and build the board to fit it.

jumperkballs, that looks cool. It solves a problem I have with my older Pedaltrain. The latest craze now is mini pedals, and I use a Ditto Looper. Unless you put it on the very end of the board along the outer piece, it won't sit well between the "slats" and goes all over the place when I use it.

Nothing very exciting here, all built into an aluminium case bought from a tool supply shop. In order of appearance: Xotic SP compressor, Mesa Boogie Tone Burst clean-ish boost, TC Spark Booster boost/drive, Danelectro chorus (I don't like chorus, but on occasion I need it), Boo Instruments tremolo, MXR Carbon Copy, Digitech Hardwire reverb. All powered by an MXR DC Brick.

I think I ought to replace the Hardwire reverb — it works just fine and has plenty of options, but somehow its overall sound is a little bit 'chrome plated' for my ears.

Dave_K, I have loved my Tone Burst since I got it...it really brings a guitar's tone out. One of these days, I'll get an SP too.

Mark: my stepson bought me the Tone Burst as a Christmas present. At first I thought: "Uh oh, Mesa Boogie -- great amps I'm sure, but not really my bag." But I was pleasantly surprised -- full gain only gives light crunch, less gain gives a great clean boost.

Total kludge,but it works.

I'm sort of in the midst of clearing out a collection of pedals, so my pedalboard has been dismantled and sold. When I was gigging regularly, it consisted of:

• Rangemaster Treble Boost >

• revolving series of diy fuzzes (Fuzz Face, Big Muff, Tonebender) >

• MXR Custom Comp >

• MXR Carbon Copy >

• Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo >

• Korg Pitch Black Tuner

These days all I really use is a fuzz, usually the Fuzz Face (which is really a DAM Meathead clone) for guitar or the Big Muff (which is really a Earthquaker Hoof clone) for bass.

The missus is more into pedals than I am so I folded one up out of sheet metal for her.

photo 20161106_122512_zpsamm2eqgn.jpg

photo 20161106_123138_zps8gj5pp25.jpg

photo 20161106_124240_zpsdcfhslvm.jpg

photo 20161106_170452_zpsuemr8ul9.jpg

The isolated power supply is tucked up underneath. Seems to work well enough. Now that I know better I would probably change a few things about it. Start with a vintage suitcase that is the right size and build the board to fit it.

– fistpicker

Here's my board for this weekends gig.

ps. @jumperkballs you wanna start fabricating me summa dohz boardz? lets chat!!

Tavo, how do you step on the Barnyard's switch without smashing the knob of the NailHead? Or is it always on? Is this accessable without cowboy boots?

I sing when I play and although I've got quite small feet I need space as I have no time to look down carefully to the floor when I stomp. That makes my pedalboard pretty large unfortunately.

Korg DT-1 -> Rockett Blue Note OD -> Barber Direct Drive -> Fulltone PlimSoul -> LOOP IN -> Strymon Flint -> EHX Memory Boy -> Boss DD-20 -> LOOP OUT -> TC Ditto -> AMP

Tavo, what's the small box between the Peterson and power supply?

Tavo, how do you step on the Barnyard's switch without smashing the knob of the NailHead? Or is it always on? Is this accessable without cowboy boots?

I sing when I play and although I've got quite small feet I need space as I have no time to look down carefully to the floor when I stomp. That makes my pedalboard pretty large unfortunately.

Korg DT-1 -> Rockett Blue Note OD -> Barber Direct Drive -> Fulltone PlimSoul -> LOOP IN -> Strymon Flint -> EHX Memory Boy -> Boss DD-20 -> LOOP OUT -> TC Ditto -> AMP

– sascha

I generally have the Atomic Brain preamp on when I'm singing and glance down to solo when I stomp on the barnyard for solos.. or if I'm using a piezo instrument, then the Jr Barnyard is on and the Atomic is off, and it gets stomped on for a solo visa versa. This is my mini pedal board when I'm playing a roots music gig only, otherwise its the pedaltrain Grande loaded to the 9's w space between the pedals. I'd like to mount my mic stand to that if I could.

@mike Thats the nocturne "no-brainer" is a non-brain brain preamp w no external controls other than a mini toggle on-off switch.:)

ps. @jumperkballs you wanna start fabricating me summa dohz boardz? lets chat!!

Sure. Let me know what dimensions and materials you want them out of. I do that kind of stuff all the time.

New to the forum. Haven't found the message bits yet

This is mine from a recent gig. The M9 is used for time and modulation and the occasional odd sound. The red box is one of JBGretschguy's dual buffer and the Tim was purchased from Road Junkie.

Here's mine. Nothing too exciting. I don't use anything very flashy (sometimes I don't even bother using the board at all), but when I do it goes like this:

1) TC Electronic BonaFide Buffer 2) TC Electronic Polytune mini tuner 3) EH Hum Debugger 4) Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive 5) MXR Echoplex 6) BBE Two Timer

The HumDebugger is a life saver sometimes, as my gigs often combine single coil pickups and bad wiring (the venue's, that is). The Sparkle Drive is for the odd lead, and the Echoplex is for slapback. The Twotimer is set for a spacier delay and is used only on a couple of tunes.

Here's mine. Nothing too exciting. I don't use anything very flashy (sometimes I don't even bother using the board at all), but when I do it goes like this:

1) TC Electronic BonaFide Buffer 2) TC Electronic Polytune mini tuner 3) EH Hum Debugger 4) Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive 5) MXR Echoplex 6) BBE Two Timer

The HumDebugger is a life saver sometimes, as my gigs often combine single coil pickups and bad wiring (the venue's, that is). The Sparkle Drive is for the odd lead, and the Echoplex is for slapback. The Twotimer is set for a spacier delay and is used only on a couple of tunes.

– reverb11

Do you find the Hum Debugger eliminates your B flat notes? I have one and noticed the volume would drop out on that note. My guess was it was injecting 60hz negative feedback which is around that note.

Although I don't gig, and usually plug straight into the amp I have this pedal board (sometimes it's just fun to make some noise):

For years I kept a simple lil' pedal train nano

But over the past 6 months I've acquired 15 or 16 more pedals so I'm planning on building a Nano+ or Metro board to add pedals like an Atomic Brain & Dr. Scientist Reverberator.

Pretty simple. Probably won't use any when I get my recently purchased '65 Reverberocket back from the tech.

Pretty simple. Probably won't use any when I get my recently purchased '65 Reverberocket back from the tech.

– bman

tell about that graph EQ? Pretty noise free? I miss my old ibanez graphEQ

Small one I built to limit myself to 4 pedals. photo pb1.jpg

Hi vis, so I can keep an eye on it at gigs. photo pb2.jpg

Register Sign in to join the conversation