Miscellaneous Rumbles

Canada Day!

A big Happy Canada Day shout-out to all my fellow Canucks!

Happy "enactment of the British North America Act, 1867 (today called the Constitution Act, 1867), which united three colonies (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and the United Province of Canada) into a single country called Canada within the British Empire" Day...or Canada day, for short, y'all!

Happy "enactment of the British North America Act, 1867 (today called the Constitution Act, 1867), which united three colonies (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and the United Province of Canada) into a single country called Canada within the British Empire" Day...or Canada day, for short, y'all!

– Bob Howard

Best colour I've ever seen on a Fender! Thanks!

I'm celebrating by doing laundry!

A bit strange that there's no football being played today. I guess they left room for the Canadian Women's soccer team, but England is playing instead.

Happy Canada to all from beautiful Vancouver, BC!

Happy Canada Day to all!

In advance of the magnificent July 4th celebrations up-coming, here's a Canadian connection to Detroit's events from when I grew up in Windsor back in the '50's. I lived on Oak Ave, 6 properties from Riverside Dr along the Detroit River. ONce it starting getting dark, we'd walk down and stand along the railing on Riverside Dr to watch the incredible fireworks display from a barge anchored in the middle of the river sponsored by Hudson's Dept Store. It was a truly amazing display and something we looked forward to each year. Because of this huge event, Windsor didn't really have a big fireworks display on our holiday. Sure, there were some decent shows at Jackson Park but for the most part, we considered the July 4th on the river to be our fireworks show as much as the Detroiters did! Great memories indeed!

I'm drinking some excellent Canadian beers in honour of our great , well, behaved country! A mere baby at only 148!A proud Canadian kid here!

Happy Canada Day

I'm drinking some excellent Canadian beers in honour of our great , well, behaved country! A mere baby at only 148!A proud Canadian kid here!

Happy Canada Day (or No More Phil Kessel Day!)

Happy Canada Day (or No More Phil Kessel Day!)

– drmilktruck

Thanks on both counts. The Kessel trade will be all the talk in Toronto for weeks! Being in Vancouver and having enough of our own complaints about the sad sack Canucks, I don't need to endure Toronto's drivel about their team. I don't think even Mike Babcock can save that franchise.....at least not for several years.

– Hermitt

Now doesn't that just define our great country perfectly?.......beer drinking hockey fans.

Should have put maple syrup on my bacon this morning! Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day!!! I too love Canada although I am not allowed in anymore because I got a "driving while ability impaired" ticket years ago. I didn't even blow over the limit, just close enough. Now I'm a known felon in Canada. Great beautiful country and really friendly folk. Stupid laws though.

I went over to the celebration in London last night. Note the name of the bar. I was jonesing for a Molson, but I couldn't brave that mass of people.

Audept, I put maple syrup on my maple syrup and top it off with honey. My doctors give me hell for it as I'm diabetic. I do not do it to often but New York is one of the biggest producers of maple products and my neighbors run a syrup farm. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas we get a huge gift from them and in the early spring too. Yum Yum.

Register Sign in to join the conversation