Other Equipment

One of my favorite pedals

Love this one, hot rod looks, two banks of effects on either side in addition to a way.

Damn spell checker, I meant wah and it so considerately corrected it and I didn't catch it before posting!

I've been thinking about a wah. I might have to look out for one of these. The Mooer Wahter and the Hotone Vowpress are also on my radar.

I've been thinking about a wah. I might have to look out for one of these. The Mooer Wahter and the Hotone Vowpress are also on my radar.

– Ger (aka Ratrod)

I found this about twelve years ago at a little hole in the wall shop you could miss if you blinked. The owner had some nice guitars and amps and usually several pedals on display. There's a bank of four buttons on either side for various effects, and two buttons on the "hood" for selecting either left or right bank... indicator LEDs on the rear to show which side is selected, as well as a center LED to show when distortion is on. I n and out jacks are the headlights, and bottom center is input for power supply. There was an emblem over the distortion LED, but that and the power supply were missing when I bought it. Got a pretty good price reduction, of course.

The gentleman said it was new, but he had moved his shop several times and couldn't locate the box for it. He was pretty certain that's where the ps and emblem were and invited me to check back with him, hoping maybe he might locate it as he got better organized. I didn't get back by for a couple of months and when I did, the place was closed down with no info about any other address or phone number.

I'm going to do a little quick research, ratrod, and I'll post a couple more pics.

Bottom with layout of effects, note hatch for 9v battery. I bought it mainly for the wah, and, of course, for the look. The distortion and various pedal models aren't all that IMO, but I don't use distortion a lot and when I do I prefer the OD channels on my amps.

Ah the world was so much more fun then. That kinda thing wouldn't get made now

Ah the world was so much more fun then. That kinda thing wouldn't get made now

– Vince_Ray

Actually I think they may still be available, but don't quote me on that! Most of what I see is either on eBay or Reverb. I agree, Vince, I've reached that point where yesteryear always seems to have been a bit more fun. To be fair, there's always something new and interesting to come along, but I miss the uniqueness of hearing that first Big Muff or Crybaby (used to have one of each in my gig bag). But I guess it's like the old wild West, you're only the fastest gun until someone faster comes along. Here's to the fun days, wherever we can find them!

Register Sign in to join the conversation