Other Equipment

Oh no, Tavo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh, I tore the part where I attach the battery in my treasured (above almost all treasures) beautiful heavy-duty Dyno Brain that Tavo made for me years back. It's the one with the heavier circuits, brighter light, etc. to deal with the demands of break-everything Konrad...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

So I guess the easiest thing is to find a 9vlt power supply (which I've never bothered to do). I don't want to leave it with anyone for even a simple repair.

Any advice on a european power supply to sue that won't suck out the tone? I've seen all of my guitar player friends bitch and whine about this kind of thing... And also I don't want to fry it.

Anyway... It's a tiny thing, I know. But I KNOW it's no longer pristine...

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHT!!!

And it's my bestest, favoritist pedal on earth.

Another question--I mashed the battery into the plugs anyway, and it plays but sometimes it majorly pops. If I just take the battery out and don't repair it and plug it into (I dunno--a boss 9vlt power supply?) will the popping continue/ Or is that just the battery tapping in and out due to the damaged connection?

As you can tell, I'm a total dummy with anything electronic.

K

Konrad, that's a simple one minute fix. Solder two wires and you're set. It's so easy even I can do it.

Yes. As Wabash Slim says - ez fix. My atomic orginally did not have a battery - i added. But i runs of a 9v boss adapter . I would not run on any greater than 9v regulated ps (-)

I know it's simple... but it still bugs me.

9v boss? Here I come.

By the way, my wife thinks I did this on purpose to have an excuse to get Tavo's latest pedal.

K

Anyway, so what is all of the whining about power supplies and pedals? Will any 9v power supply do?

I typically run a space echo, dyno, tube screamer and tuner. Might as well get off baths for good.

K

OneSpot 9v works ok. If it’s whining, that’s another problem, probably your house electrical setup or any electrical interference.

Gotta see what's available over here in Europe where the voltage is like a zillion watts.

K

Gotta see what's available over here in Europe where the voltage is like a zillion watts.

K

– Konrad

Actually, no. The voltage is zero watts. The wattage on the other hand...

You’ll pick up a 240v/9v power supply no problem. Most devices like that are auto switching anyway.

These guys have got you covered! :)

to get slightly technical from my standpoint:

black wire from a new 9volt clip goes to the ring of the "stereo" input jack. (switchcraft 12b) This acts as a shorting switch when the mono instrument connect is NOT inserted into the pedal, thus disconnecting the battery to prolong its life when not in operation. Hot/red wire connects to the (+) side lug of the DC power jack..(you'll see other hot lug going to circuit board and LED) this is all you need to know assuming the (-) lug on the DC is connected to the ground lug of either input or output jack of the pedal.

If this is all to complex then just splice a new 9v batt clip to the existing one, matching color for color. be sure to individually insulate each wire and then cover w a common insular (electrical tape) for strength.

I dont use battery clips anymore, as they are only used by about 2% of pedal owners and they are horrible for the environment, like really really bad. So dont fix the pedal, tell your wife this and I'll get a new Dynobrain that is more green friendly to you:) btw..why isnt a boss PSA 9v power adapter a viable alternative? It's simply converting your wall pwr to a nominal DC power source.

ps. Or a rockboard lithium recharge unit for your pedals for cheeeeep. check this out https://www.premierguitar.c...

Pictures of little things look so good on the GDP. They get blowed up real big.

Pictures of big things look so worse. They get all shrunked.

Pictures of little things look so good on the GDP. They get blowed up real big.

Pictures of big things look so worse. They get all shrunked.

– Proteus

drives me insane here, but tis wha-titis

Thanks!!!!

Yes, I'm already lobbying the wife!

K

Thanks!!!!

Yes, I'm already lobbying the wife!

K

– Konrad

hhmmm whats her favorite color?:)

Register Sign in to join the conversation