Other Equipment

non expensive delay

Actually hate robots. Damn meddling scientists. Soon as they made electricity we got the electric chair before we got light bulbs. Split the atom, made bombs, invented plastic and choked the planet. Now they’re messin with delay pedals.

I'm pretty much with Tavo on micro-pedals.

There are some decent ones - at least in the dirt drive category (Xotic and Wampler come to mind), and the Mooer Trellicopter trem stands out as not the worst way to get that much wiggle in that little room.

But more complex modulation - or delay? Not that I've heard from the few I've tried. At first you're amazed the little suckers can make something that sounds like the effect you signed up for - then you notice your guitar tone has been run through a bad-transistor-radio filter.

Make sure any you try are returnable at full pop. And by the time you try and deny three or four of them, you'll have 40.00-50.00 in return postage. I can think of a better use for that money.

But as a wise man once told me, education is always expensive.

Now they’re messin with delay pedals.

I know, right? What's next, robotic tuning machines?

Soon you'll be able to press some buttons and put on a concert.

Oh, did you see what Vince did there?

He produced a DELAYED replica of his first post - and it's IDENTICAL to the original. That's downright unnatural, sir.

It wasn’t me that repeated the message...my goddam robot iPhone does that. We need to go back to clockwork

My money is on lazy market research.

Speaking of Delay, I think Im going to go buy another one now. Carbon Copy or Memory Toy? I'll let Craigslist or Reverb availability decide for me.

Clapton should make a pedal. Could be called Delay Cream

I'd implore you Carbon Copy fans to try the Malekko 616. It's virtually the same price (been a while since I checked), and sounds better to me. Also gives you the mod controls on the outside, and a selector for buffered bypass.

I'd implore you Carbon Copy fans to try the Malekko 616. It's virtually the same price (been a while since I checked), and sounds better to me. Also gives you the mod controls on the outside, and a selector for buffered bypass.

– Otter

I checked that pedal out, I want one!

Guess who commented on the capo thread with options from three on-line stores...

I'm about to add an inexpensive tape delay effect to my 'small' board -- looking at this new 'Gauss' pedal from TC. The demo on YouTube sounds as decent as anything on YouTube can be, but I'm wondering if this little box is any good for £50. Is it a jazzed-up Behringer?

The robot theory holds water, imo. No follow-up from the OP.

But I will also recc the Carbon Copy, as well as the mini Ibanez AD9. For cheap/good/analog.

Gotta have a good analog delay if you want to pshred on your psaltery. Just sayin'.

I'm about to add an inexpensive tape delay effect to my 'small' board -- looking at this new 'Gauss' pedal from TC. The demo on YouTube sounds as decent as anything on YouTube can be, but I'm wondering if this little box is any good for £50. Is it a jazzed-up Behringer?

– Dave_K

For the price, check out the Ibanez DE7. Seriously underrated delay pedal.

Register Sign in to join the conversation