Other Equipment

Nocturne is supplying Braindo

I'm getting into this helix crap.. So why not make a power supply for Line6 Helix HX Stomp and HX Effects? This has an iso port w 1500mA for direct supply to the HxStomp, plus 5 more 9v 250mA ports for your board. its available on my site now: https://www.thenocturnebrai...

"the MARLIN BRAINDO" ...i know.

Clarity, man. The naked aluminum box is your thang? I assume the metallic blue is either a prototype or an ill-advisedly painted HX Stomp.

Are your additional 5 ports also isolated? You know we all need more power, higher port counts in smaller boxes. The 1500 ma is good, though there are few pedals that need that much on a single port. Is HX Stomp the only one? It's convenient to get all that power from one tap on a multi, but I think most guys going the Stomp route can live with the idea of having a wallwart for it. One HX...and five other pedals? Will that meet a lot of guys' needs?

Can your 1500ma tap be split out? (And why does no one seem to make a Y-type (or double-Y) power splitter with the 3.5mm male on one end and 2 or 3 males on the OTHER end...but maybe 18" away so it's more deployable without extensions?)

For me, the power supply game is all about port density, reasonable power per port, compactness, and cost per port/per ma. I've jacked around with VoodooLab (too big, too few and too underpowered ports, poor value), Strymon (good all-round and with 500 ma outs I rarely have to even think about draw, but ungawdly pricey), True Tone's 6- and 7-porters (decent balance of features), their 12-holer (almost a complete solution, but TOO BIG to fit under a Temple board, and too damn heavy). My favorites? MXR Iso-Bricks. Smart distribution of current across enough outputs, at least one hole provides 18v, compact, great value. To compete with that, at 120.00 retail for the 10-holer and around 100.00 for a tiny 5-out, you'll have to be compelling.

The 1500ma out on Braindo is compelling (I don't know any other multi-holers that do that)...and 250 is OK on the others (not great) - IF they're isolated. Add 5 more ports at 500ma and you're cooking. But it's all about price. What's the Braindo price point?

I don't think anyone would mind unadorned aluminum boxes for power supplies; prettying them up seems like cost bloat to be. Compact, lots of ports, isolation, maxi milliamps, fits under a Temple. That's what I'm looking for. (And if I never see another 100ma tap, I wouldn't mind.)

does it have the electrolytes amps crave?

does it have the electrolytes amps crave?

– macphisto

You read my mind... Idiocracy! (The movie)

The MARLIN BRAINDO® is a thing, available on my site. Link

has 5 ports of highly filtered & isolated power (250mA ea) to each of 5 pedals PLUS an xtra port that offers 1500mA to power any effects that need clean power. Thats it, its all I need..maybe you do to. I run a daisy chain off one port for overdrives and fuzz, thats five 30mA pedals covered on one port. I still have 4 more 250mA ports plus the 1500mA.

Model: ISO BASE HX

Features:

110 – 240 VAC input One 9V outlet @ 1.5A Five 9V outlets @250mA Each outlet heat and short circuit protected Each outlet isolated on a separate circuit/transformer HIGH filtering HIGH capacitance Detachable power cord

Includes:

One Iso Base HX power supply One 5’ (approx.) AC power cable One 15” (approx.) HX power cable 2.1mm – 2.5mm Designed to work with the Line 6 HX Effects and HX Stomp* and other high current devices. "TESTED AND APPROVED BY LINE6! The new HX Effects and HX Stomp by Line 6 are power hogs. These bad boys need at least 1500mA of highly filtered current - ten to one hundred times what typical pedals require. We not only incorporate an outlet that will deliver the goods to your HX (or other high current device) but we include five, count ‘em,FIVE more totally isolated outlets. "
  • the nocturne brain is not affiliated w Line 6 HX Effects and HX Stomp

Clarity, man. The naked aluminum box is your thang? I assume the metallic blue is either a prototype or an ill-advisedly painted HX Stomp.

Are your additional 5 ports also isolated? You know we all need more power, higher port counts in smaller boxes. The 1500 ma is good, though there are few pedals that need that much on a single port. Is HX Stomp the only one? It's convenient to get all that power from one tap on a multi, but I think most guys going the Stomp route can live with the idea of having a wallwart for it. One HX...and five other pedals? Will that meet a lot of guys' needs?

Can your 1500ma tap be split out? (And why does no one seem to make a Y-type (or double-Y) power splitter with the 3.5mm male on one end and 2 or 3 males on the OTHER end...but maybe 18" away so it's more deployable without extensions?)

For me, the power supply game is all about port density, reasonable power per port, compactness, and cost per port/per ma. I've jacked around with VoodooLab (too big, too few and too underpowered ports, poor value), Strymon (good all-round and with 500 ma outs I rarely have to even think about draw, but ungawdly pricey), True Tone's 6- and 7-porters (decent balance of features), their 12-holer (almost a complete solution, but TOO BIG to fit under a Temple board, and too damn heavy). My favorites? MXR Iso-Bricks. Smart distribution of current across enough outputs, at least one hole provides 18v, compact, great value. To compete with that, at 120.00 retail for the 10-holer and around 100.00 for a tiny 5-out, you'll have to be compelling.

The 1500ma out on Braindo is compelling (I don't know any other multi-holers that do that)...and 250 is OK on the others (not great) - IF they're isolated. Add 5 more ports at 500ma and you're cooking. But it's all about price. What's the Braindo price point?

I don't think anyone would mind unadorned aluminum boxes for power supplies; prettying them up seems like cost bloat to be. Compact, lots of ports, isolation, maxi milliamps, fits under a Temple. That's what I'm looking for. (And if I never see another 100ma tap, I wouldn't mind.)

– Proteus

The blue box in the pic is the new Line6 HX Stomp pedal, I hope youre not mocking the aftermarket skins you can buy for guitar pedals. Its like roping a steam engine because you see a smoking monster. I got metalic blue sparkle but this is my other choice

No, I wasn't aware of pedal skins. What will they think of next get off my etc lawn.

I think the Helix is durn sexy in its shapely basic black.

I love your pedals and all they do, but when you get into the moogaplexes and giggaworms, all I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher.

I love your pedals and all they do, but when you get into the moogaplexes and giggaworms, all I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher.

– crowbone

it just means your power is clean, plentiful, filtered, safe from outside noises and surges. It means also, that if you want to have a Line6 HX Stomp or Multieffects on your pedal board, you dont have to have this stupid thing hanging off the pedal since it requires 1500mA. Its twice the size of a onespurt and is 2.5mm so you cant ever put a daisy chain on it to use it with other pedals. So this Braindo gives you a compact box that supplies not only the digital devil but 5 friends.

https://www.talkbass.com/at...

$154.95 including cables and shipping? I'm in !

it just means your power is clean, plentiful, filtered, safe from outside noises and surges. It means also, that if you want to have a Line6 HX Stomp or Multieffects on your pedal board, you dont have to have this stupid thing hanging off the pedal since it requires 1500mA. Its twice the size of a onespurt and is 2.5mm so you cant ever put a daisy chain on it to use it with other pedals. So this Braindo gives you a compact box that supplies not only the digital devil but 5 friends.

https://www.talkbass.com/at...

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

See?
:D

Register Sign in to join the conversation