Other Equipment

NGD - new pedals

Picked up a couple of new pedals yesterday. An Ernie Ball volume pedal (40th Anniversary edition) and a Cry Baby Mini Wah.

My old Cry Baby had bitten the dust, and I missed not getting funky with a wah. So fun. We'll see how this little fella does, but so far so good.

Never had a volume pedal before, so I'm messing around with the placement in the chain. I think I'll leave it after the tremolo and OD, and before the delay. Also, I can run the Boss TU-2 tuner off an output on the volume pedal. Not sure if I'll keep it like that, or put the tuner back in the chain so I can use the mute feature. (Of course, I can always use the vol pedal to mute, but that's an extra step.)

I saw those mini pedals the other day.

How well does it work?

why didnt you get the mini volume pedal if you got a mini wah? :)

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

It wasn't on sale?

I saw those mini pedals the other day.

How well does it work?

– hammerhands

I haven't been able to spend a lot of time with it yet, but it seems to work fine. There's a voicing switch that lets you choose L-M-H settings - seems like Low goes more "muddy" on the "bass"/heel side, which is what I prefer - seems to give a more classic wah sound, although "M" is supposedly the "classic" setting.

The switch is inside the unit, however, so you have to take the bottom off to adjust it - but I think I'll just leave it at "L".

It takes a bit of getting used to, compared to a full size pedal, but I find it feels best to place it in the middle of my foot, if you know what I mean, as opposed to having it mainly under my toes.

you might want to watch out re: using the tuner output; EB volume pedals can get noisy when you run a tuner on that output. why? h*ck if i know.

i run my volume pedal in the middle of my chain, after the fuzz and weird noise pedals but before the RV-3 delay and modulation. i like to conjure clouds of sound by swelling heavily-distorted notes/chords into a ~2 second delay to create multiphonic drones, and i find that it sounds better to run the fades and delay repeats into modulation after the volume pedal so the modulation effect(s) keep a constant apparent level rather than seeming to flutter in and out as the signal level rises and dips.

you might want to watch out re: using the tuner output; EB volume pedals can get noisy when you run a tuner on that output. why? h*ck if i know.

i run my volume pedal in the middle of my chain, after the fuzz and weird noise pedals but before the RV-3 delay and modulation. i like to conjure clouds of sound by swelling heavily-distorted notes/chords into a ~2 second delay to create multiphonic drones, and i find that it sounds better to run the fades and delay repeats into modulation after the volume pedal so the modulation effect(s) keep a constant apparent level rather than seeming to flutter in and out as the signal level rises and dips.

– macphisto

Yeah, that's exactly where I'm putting the Vol pedal - just before the delay pedal. I tried running the tuner off the Vol pedal, but I didn't like it. Gonna put it back in the chain. Maybe 1st, or 2nd after the wah - wahtever sounds better.

Had the miin baby... worked great but the full size felt better under my foot.. The mini has smaller footprint but you still need the space for the length of your foot.. Its perfect for children and little people.. I exchanged it for the full size. Also you can adjust the tone pot in the og baby to roll off the highs...

Register Sign in to join the conversation