Other Equipment

New From Strymon

That's ridiculous. (imo)

"open the pod bay doors, HAL"

Notice it's not a pedal. I can see how that could work well in a studio/computer/electronic music setting, wich is what it seems to be made for.

Its made to create madness, its a tweakers fantasy. My kids were at the booth at namm making sounds that made my eyes water from the insane oscillations and I wasnt wearing the headphones.. They set it like that and walked away from the phones just to laugh when somebody put them on and their knees buckled. :)

Its a masterpiece, I'd like a framed poster of it.

When would you ever find time to play guitar?

me want!!!

always push towards the infinite

cheers

When would you ever find time to play guitar?

– wabash slim

"you have to understand there are new paradigms.. the guitar is the control unit, the effects ARE the instrument" :)

It’s intended for the modular Eurorack synth community, not so much as a guitar device. There’s some overlap between effects and the modular world, but I know a rabbit hole when I see one and am trying to stay away from modular...

"you have to understand there are new paradigms.. the guitar is the control unit, the effects ARE the instrument" :)

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

Might as well just play a synth then, and crank out EDM.

I've spent 40 years around racks of sound gear. At this point in my life, I'd just rather play the instrument and not the gear. YMMV.

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

Sad state of affairs.

It’s intended for the modular Eurorack synth community, not so much as a guitar device. There’s some overlap between effects and the modular world, but I know a rabbit hole when I see one and am trying to stay away from modular...

– Proteus

me too. i don't have the fundage and am not prepared for the learning curve.

My first impression was "Man....lookit all them knobs , inputs, and outputs!"

– Proteus

Be vewwy vewwy caweful awound those wascawwy wabbit holes!!!

It looks like it could create some nifty Pink Floyd noises. After reading what this thing does, it looks like exactly what Lindsey Buckingham would've needed for all his layers that he was recording for "Tusk" which drove his bandmates crazy.

or

Ruger's on to something and it is what David Bowman needed to override Hal to open up the pod pay doors!

Wait this is real? I thought it was a joke on strymon's part...

Register Sign in to join the conversation