Miscellaneous Rumbles

my nephew in the USAF awarded Bronze Star!

I don't know the story but I'll find out soon. My nephew Adam was attached to a JTF in Afghanistan and is home now. I'm just bustin' with pride.

Obviously cut from the same cloth Grump. Congrats and justifiable pride indeed my friend...

My wife has a Bronze Star from her tour with the 2SCR during the push back in '08. Congrats! I understand the pride you are feeling for your nephew.

Very Cool. You should be proud.

Grump, pass on my congratulations to your nephew and tell him his service to his country is appreciated!

CONGRATS!

Congrats, and thank him for his service.

Congrats and Well Done! Well deserved I'm Sure!

Much gratitude from my corner and Congratulations!

Very Proud and Congratulations!

WOW! What an accomplishment. Thank Adam for his service from my family and congratulate him for us, John.

I'm going over to my guitar right now to play the Air Force Hymn.

I play a medley of the Army, Marines, Air Force and Navy official songs followed with "America the Beautiful" and ending with "The Star Spangled Banner". It always makes my cry.

He's doing his job. He did it well. You should be proud of him.

So happy for your nephew and that he was here to receive it.

To the nephew: Thank you for your service to our country.

Congrats and my thanks to him! Welcome home!

Thank you, Adam. We can never say it enough.

Well done! So much respect for your family's ethic of service. And gratitude. And most of all, so glad he's home safe.

My hat is off, both in respect and gratitude.

WOW! What an accomplishment. Thank Adam for his service from my family and congratulate him for us, John.

I'm going over to my guitar right now to play the Air Force Hymn.

I play a medley of the Army, Marines, Air Force and Navy official songs followed with "America the Beautiful" and ending with "The Star Spangled Banner". It always makes my cry.

– Bear

Bear, if you could record that and send it to me I would be honored.

Thanks all! I am justifiably proud. He is the second person in our family to have that honor. My uncle Harry was awarded three bronze stars for his service in the Army during WWII. I guess I come from good fighting stock. Too bad that my uniforms no longer fit. I think they shrank.

I'm always on the lookout for cheap BDUs. I especially love the rip-stop cotton trousers as they feel like yer wearing pajamas! My wife recently scored me a brand new pair of MARPAT APECS trousers in my size for only $5.00 at a garage sale!!

I still wear my field jacket as a winter coat. 27 years and still in decent condition. I also use my inspection uniform leather shoes and they look like new. Uncle Sam gave us some quality stuff back then. I sold most of my 782 gear years ago. We were still getting Vietnam leftovers when I joined. My 1911 ACP sounded like a baby rattle when I was running. I think it was from 1911.

Register Sign in to join the conversation