Other Equipment

In praise of G7th

As much as I love the G-B-D-F grouping, this is about the capo company rather than the chord.

I’ve been using G7th capos for over 10 years and I love them, but last week one of mine stopped biting properly and started slipping. I played with it awhile to see if I could see what was amiss, but the more I played with it the slipperier it got until it fell in two. I figured 10+ years’ lifespan wasn’t too bad, but...

...it turns out G7th offer a lifetime warranty. I dropped them a line and told them what had happened and no questions asked I got a brand new replacement NEXT DAY!

I’ve never been shy of recommending their capos, but after this outstanding customer service I just felt the need to shout a little louder about it.

Deke, I had the exact same experience with G7th. Great product, great customer service!

I recently got this capo. At $45 it wasn’t cheap, but it’s easy to put on and doesn’t pull the strings out of tune!

Yep, that’s the one. It’s such a good design and with a lifetime warranty for me the price is not unreasonable.

A real guitar player don't need no capo... He just lays his thumb over the bass side!

Actually had a guy tell me that one time...

Glad it worked out for you, Deke. I've been using Dunlop Trigger Capo's for years-- mainly with acoustics, but I keep hearing great things about G7 products... Guess I'm going to have to spring for one and see what all the fuss is about.

Register Sign in to join the conversation