Other guitar-y things

Elvis shure microphone

No need to get bent out of shape, Knavel. What I know or don’t know about mics is of little consequence. You said

I had a guy make me a pink meshed Elvis that lights up with the phantom power.

The image of a pink meshed Elvis kinda makes the mind boggle is all...

Hey Sascha - nice of you to notice!

Hey Sascha - nice of you to notice!

– JimmyR

No need to get bent out of shape, Knavel. What I know or don’t know about mics is of little consequence. You said

I had a guy make me a pink meshed Elvis that lights up with the phantom power.

The image of a pink meshed Elvis kinda makes the mind boggle is all...

– Deke Martin

We have a Pink Floyd. Why not a Pink Elvis, too?

If you want to try to upgrade, the Shure super cardioid replacement element with mounting bracket is R115S. Be sure to order the "S" variant. It's $100 and no garuntee it will bolt into your knock-offs.

– Charlie Vegas

buy cheap "pool noodle" closed cell foam. the cheaper the better as its less dense but still strong. Cut it to fit the internals of the mic shell and secure w rubber cement. Insert capsule and wire that little thing up! If an XLR mount is needed, that can be retrofit w a small hole in the side of the casing and tapped for a set screw. If youre lazy, JB weld is another method of permanent fixation

buy cheap "pool noodle" closed cell foam. the cheaper the better as its less dense but still strong. Cut it to fit the internals of the mic shell and secure w rubber cement. Insert capsule and wire that little thing up! If an XLR mount is needed, that can be retrofit w a small hole in the side of the casing and tapped for a set screw. If youre lazy, JB weld is another method of permanent fixation

– TheNocturneBrain

Whats yer capsule of choice Tavo?

Hang on--i've heard good things about the super 55. Have I heard wrong?

K

I got a Super 55 this past year. Sounds great. I think better than an SM58. Definitely as good if not better than my Senheiser e935, which I like a lot. I also think the the supercardioid pattern helps pretty well in eliminating feedback.

Register Sign in to join the conversation