Other Equipment

El Capistan dtape echo is in stock

Tripps is a genius, that's how. Haven't you figured that out yet? ;-)

– ruger9

Tripps is a genius, that's how. Haven't you figured that out yet? ;-)

– ruger9

"dunlop" the corporation you mean

Dunlop is only genius for being smart enough to hire Tripps & let him loose. :D

corporate schmorporate, they own everything ..they just dropped the EJ fuzzface now

Yeah- and people are RAVING about both the JB & EJ FF.... both Tripps' projects. I don't personally care for the JB fuzz in my rig, but I have read not one bad review of it since it's release. The EJs have just started hitting pedalboards, but I'm sure the it'll be the same result.

I was actually going to send my JB fuzz back & exchange it for an EJ, but I have a guy willing to trade me a JMI MkII for the JB... a "trade up" for me, might jump on it.

I want to know if anyone has an expression pedal on their El Capi and what they control with it, I havent experimented with that yet

I've thought about an exp. pedal instead of the favorite, and I'd use it solely on the time dial, or the mix dial (wow and flutter, tape age and repeats I'd be comfortable leaving out of the equation). I'm curious too though, as to how much expression you can get out of the pedal, how much range an exp. pedal would have....

I really love the El Cap. Originally got it out of curiosity thinking I'd just try it for a bit then sell it, but I can't let it go. Not sure what it is but it sounds great, even just set for a little slap back. I've also been playing some ambient/atmospheric stuff lately so I use an expression pedal set for the repeats. Great for building swells of feedback and repeating tones to play on top of. Haven't really used the expr pedal for any other settings tho other than experimental stuff.

Mine came in yesterday and it has a great Addiction Factor to me.I can´t wait,when till the work is done and the long Easter weekend is coming ;-) ;-) Just have to made a Fav-pedal by my own,too.Maybe Tavo can help me with the schematics :P

Another fave pedal schematic request, please Tavo.

Tavo, sorry to derail: I tried a Wampler Faux Tape Echo a few weeks back, absolutely loved the sound and was planning on buying one once my finances are rosier. But I seem to remember that there was an issue with the Wampler's chip when used with a preamp (Atomic Brain, Baby!). Does that combo distort the repeats à la Reel Echo? Maybe I'm making it all up, can you set me straight, please?

The Wampler Faux tape echo sounds really great, its just that it uses a PT2399 cool audio lo res digi chip to get its flavor and for some reason Brian Wampler didnt see fit to give it high headroom with a good compander. (he was actually kind of matter-o-fact in an email in telling me "who puts a boost infront of a delay pedal and yes this chip will clip if pushed too hard" which made me scratch my head).

In anycase, yes it clips like HELL when you place a graphic eq pedal cranked up in front of it (Boss GE-7), or a clean boost (TIM or LRbaggs paracoustic di) , or a preamp like mine.

now.. I was able to place it in front of these boost/drive/preamp toys I mentioned and it was fine but.. I keep my delay at the END of my signal chain as do most folks so that pedal just doesnt work for me especially since I use my TIM pedal all the time for solos.

Thanks Tavo! If it's as bad as the Reel Echo, I might already run into problems with my hotter pickups. Shame, though, I loved the Wampler.

My El Capi showed up today! Just in time for Easter and 10 straight days of no work! :D

Just got my favorite switch. Handy it is. Honestly, I'll be exploring my ElCap more often now, since I now I can ALWAYS return to my beloved DMM/Echo-Verb/dreamy floaty-ness sound. :D

I still say an El Cap with the form function of the VMSD (presets), would be the ultimate. One preset for Setzer slap, one for Sleepwalk, one for DMM, one for U2 "streets", one for....

I have placed an order. Life will be good.

My El Capistan arrived Friday. I've probably spent about 10 - 15 hours with it so far (lots of family stuff going on this weekend....).

I normally don't like to review anything after only a few days' experience..... But I have to say, this thing is incredible.

When I first connected it, my initial reaction was along the lines of "This is way over the top" for me..... However, as I spent more time experimenting, I find that I can get tones that are much better than I've had with other delays (including Boss RE 20 and a 10 year old EH DMM). There is no "digital" plunk, it is extremely smooth. The tone is similar to my DMM, but it has a LOT more fleixibility and range of sounds and tones (than the DMM).

My delay settings have always been mostly moderate to low (I'm old). That's why my initial reaction was that the El Capistan might be "too much" for me. However -- as I experiment with settings, the experience is becomming much more "WOW". I have not even started working with the "tape" settings (have them at minimum) or the secondary functions yet.

For those who have one of these on order -- get ready. It will knock your socks off!

danjones did you use that hidden knob feature for the input boost, that really makes this thing bloom. I hate using the word organic

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Can't wait.

I just can agree,the hours were blowing away,when I´ve tried the El Cap out (and still do) And YES use the hidden boost!!!!!!!!! !#$@% !#$@%

Voodooholly, where in Nordrhein Westfalen are you?

("Quote" function isn't working ---- 404 messages...)

No I did not try to input boost yet. I will give that a shot today.

The results I've described (above) are based only on tweaking the Time, Repeats and Mix controls along with the 2 switches. I haven't gotten into any of the hidden knob functions (other than turning the reverb level "off").

Hi Nick, I live in Witten ( in the neighborhood of Bochum) ;-)

The results I've described (above) are based only on tweaking the Time, Repeats and Mix controls along with the 2 switches. I haven't gotten into any of the hidden knob functions (other than turning the reverb level "off").

– Senojnad

– senojnad

so... ?? what's the results

Register Sign in to join the conversation