Other Equipment

EHX Ocean 11, really nails the Spring reverb. Even bigger w a pream…

They nailed it man, seriously good for the spring setting.. even more tube-ee schplunk from hitting the front w a brain preamp. It totally takes being bumped up w a preamp. Cant wait to try it w the ubangi and Tim pedal. Topanga is taking a back seat now. these run about $146 on reverb right now.

Watch my friend Ryan from 60 cycle hum do a good demo of this spring feature

good heads-up stuff t...

(& interesting vid)

though, as far as pedal makers, i prefer the catalinbread organization to eh qc, any day

cheers

even more fun Ryan took the Mystery Brain to the front of the Oceans 11 reverb cranked with good mics

good stuff!!!

and the winner is-

the mystery brain!!!

cheers

So far the demos of that EHX Oceans 11 that I've heard are really impressive......it really appears to nail the outboard tank drippy surf sound. I have a Boss '63 pedal that does the drip but its other inherent problems keep it from being anything but just barely OK. I have a real tube driven outboard tank that sounds great but the idea of a compact pedal that can nail that sound and do a multitude of other usable reverb tones for under $150.00 is appealing. I just bang away in my basement so plugging in the outboard tank is no big deal, but for a gigging musician having a pedal like that on your board can really lighten your load.

that new eh would work very nicely on a live gig....if i was doing detailed studio stuff, i'd still want the tank...(even the less than authentic repro fender tank ices it)...but in a live situation that eh would sound fine...

for me eh roadworthiness and qc are the issue...

cheers

Totally overkill but that Ventris sounds absolutely amazing. LOL

Well after all...how many of us are touring?

Even if so, in these future days of modern times, pedalboards get pretty plush treatment, fastened down in padded cases and the like.

And gosh. In 40+ years (and over 20 pedals I can think of) I've really never had an EH pedal fail. My first Electric Mistress and Dlx Memory Man finally either got too noisy to use, or the scales fell off my ears and I heard how noisy they always were (particularly in comparison with more modern gear) - but they trucked right along.

I have had a couple Boss pedals fail (despite their tanky reputation and what appears to be obviously higher build quality), as well as several modern boutique boxes. Finding pedals generally great fun for the buck - and since every pedal vendor I've dealt with has provided stellar service - I don't hold that against any of them.

(Except Pigtronix. Pigtronix truly could care less.)

The Oceans 11 is a companion piece to the Canyon delay (same form factor, knob count, control scheme), which I have. As a multi-effect, several of its algorithms are quite as good as they would need to be, several are functional but meh, and a couple are well worth the price of admission alone.

Like a uniquely implemented octave delay which adds an additional octave up or down on EVERY REPEAT, serving as that delightful wacky surprise E-H nearly always provides. (And oh yeah, there's a looper. And reverb.) It's a crazy-good value for the buck, and silly compact. Highly recommended as a do-all mono delay - and worth it just for the angel-twinkling/demons-growling effect.

Sounds like the Oceans lives up to the example. I just don't. Need. Another. Reverb!

But yeah. I've been deep in exotic boutique pedals for months during this recent binge, and the E-H stuff simply stands up with it. Pretty durn honorable company in my view!

And yeah...the Ventris is spectacular.

Same here. I've been happy with the sound of the EH pedals I've owned (holy grail, holy grail deluxe something or other, and two memory boy delays), and maybe I'm particularly unlucky with EH, but all of them died on me. And I take pretty good care of my gear, I don't throw it around or leave it out in the rain or anything. Not buying anything EH again soon.

That's weird. Never a hiccup here.

Maybe you're extra lucky, or I'm extra unlucky. But seriously, if it hadn't cost me money, it would be comical. The first memory boy died within a week of buying it, the replacement lasted about a month longer, and then I decided I was done with the brand. And some of those holy grail pedals and some of the nano pedals are very fussy about power supplies.

This sounds really close to tank drip, IMHO. It certainly helps leave a Tank at home and takes up little space on a board. Tavo- does your F-Bomb drip like a tradional Fender Reverb unit? Just curious. Then I'd be curious how the Oceans 11 sounds versus your F-Bomb.

Register Sign in to join the conversation