Other Equipment

Duane Eddy Interview (DYNOBRAIN Content)

In the 2013 January Guitar Player, Duane is interviewed and mentions his pedalboard which includes Tavo's great DynoBrain !

Cool me thinks ! Congrats Tavo. Keep crankin' out the good stuff !

Q: "Gordon told me that he’d made you a pedalboard for the U.K. concert dates, and that you’d never had such a thing before. I was greatly intrigued by the idea of Duane Eddy with a pedalboard, and I wonder if you could tell us what resides on it.

A: I absolutely love Gordon White! Everything you say about him is true 100 times over. He’s the best I’ve ever seen. He’s a mind reader. Just when I have any kind of a problem and think about looking around for him, I turn and there he is beside me, already working on the solution to whatever the problem might be. He’s totally amazing. The pedalboard he made for me is extremely minimal. It has my Dunlop tremolo, a tuner, and a Nocturne Dyno Brain boost pedal."

The Article / Interview

Nice bit of free advertising. 8-) congrats Tavo!

As a penny-pinching, stingy, guilt-ridden when I buy something dude, I've been sitting on pulling the trigger on Tavo's creation. If this endorsement by Mr. Eddy doesn't knock some sense into me, then I should be led to pasture and shot!!

Yeah, ya gotta figure a guy with only 2 pedals and Tavo get's 50% of the pedalboard space, that says something.... to me at least.

IMHO It's the greatest single 'leave it on' pedal ever created !

BRAVO TAVO.

That's really cool.

Without sounding like an idiot that I am, in short, what does the DB "do" to/for the sound?

Yeah, that's a huge testimonial. Duane has created his sound, as far as I know, without the use of pedals, except for the Dunlop Tremelo. And, for him to add Tavo's DynoBrain after all these years says something.

That's really cool.

Without sounding like an idiot that I am, in short, what does the DB "do" to/for the sound?

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

That's really cool.

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

I think it's like pumping steroids into your amp! :P :P :P

Just buy one and you'll see for yourself what it does. You'll never turn it off. It's like Beef STEW vs Beef soup... ;-)

If you don't like it, resale value is near new.

Everyone needs a Brain...I was lost before I got my Atomic...

As a penny-pinching, stingy, guilt-ridden when I buy something dude, I've been sitting on pulling the trigger on Tavo's creation. If this endorsement by Mr. Eddy doesn't knock some sense into me, then I should be led to pasture and shot!!

– NJDevil

– NJDevil

Yeah, you're long overdue.

Even a talentless hack like me gets value from my Dyno Brain. It just makes everything sound better.

does it make me a douchebag to comment in a thread like this, i hope not. I really appreciate your thread Mitch and the affirmations from you guys using the pedals.

When I started moving forward with my preamp pedals, I set a goal for myself that was mostly fantasy but I have kept the mindset that maybe someday I would go to the NAMM show and in the Gretsch room, there would be a Gretsch labeled line of my pedals. Its far fetched but I'm a gretsch fiend and everyone has to have a dream to keep them going thats been mine...

but then Duane Eddy put my Dynobrain preamp between his signature model gretsch and his amp. Then he tells guitar player magazine about it. Deed and Duane Eddy have extended rock n roll honor to the Vega house and nothing else can top it!

Douchebag --- not hardly! That's an Endorsement with a capital "E" right there! Nice work, Tavo!

What a douchebag ! 8-o ;-) ;-) ;-)

CONGRATS again Tavo. You deserve your dream. Keep at it !

Tavo, does Duane have a special one off pedal, or just a normal run, color wise?

Tavo, that dream is not far fetched. Considering the relationship built between TV Jones and Gretsch leading to the Gretsch-made, TVJ designed Spectra , you're dream may still be a reality.

You deserve the kudos you are receiving. Good job!

well good, I'm gonna keep my heart set on being part of Gretsch someday. :)

@Nick B, Duane has custom copper to orange candy sunburst over a metallic gold base, but other than color its fully a Dynobrain preamp.

Register Sign in to join the conversation