Other Equipment

Delay

So I'm looking at a carbon copy and came across a carbon copy "bright", which would be the better purchase for rockabilly slapback?

I think its just made a smidge better, I think you'll like it. One of the reasons I prefer the old Boss DM-3 over the DM-2 is that the slapbacks are tighter and slightly brighter but still warm and smear nicely after the initial slap.

i like my slap a little darker and murkier so I prefer the dm-2 over the 3. it's all pepper to taste. (also, I'm selling one over in the garage sale)

I think the DM2-W is way better than either Carbon Copy. But then the TC Flashback on slapback setting is better too, and can be had for great prices. The CC is over-rated IMO. The delay is very grainy and it doesn't make a good slapback.

I can't live without my Way Huge Aqua Puss analog delay. 300ms, which some say is short, but more than enough for me, and it sounds warm and vintage-y... Maybe not the best for shimmering clean echoes, but that's what I have my little Mooer Re-Echo digital delay for, also killer.

I can't live without my Way Huge Aqua Puss analog delay. 300ms, which some say is short, but more than enough for me, and it sounds warm and vintage-y... Maybe not the best for shimmering clean echoes, but that's what I have my little Mooer Re-Echo digital delay for, also killer.

– Chmason85

+1 on the Aqua Puss! That plus the Way Huge Saucy Box and a good tube amp may be all you need for Rockabilly.

I'm so lame I still like my danecho above all

We should start a Dan Echo Lovers All Year - DELAY for short.

I actually use the $25 dollar Fab echo from Danelectro and it sounds great to me.

Register Sign in to join the conversation