Other Players

harkenrider & ramos do rivers

(brisbane) boppin version of barney kessels! swedish pastry...nice playin on cool guitars

cheers

I used to try to play Jimmie Rivers's version of Airmail Special. Great arrangement on that tune

I used to try to play Jimmie Rivers's version of Airmail Special. Great arrangement on that tune

– Tele295

that's a killer track…the harmony lines between rivers and pedal steel giant -vance terry are uncanny…jimmies solo phrasing is very inspired by steel guitar, but he also swings like crazy..beautifully timed phrasing

great version

cheers

(brisbane) boppin version of barney kessels! swedish pastry...nice playin on cool guitars

cheers

– neatone

smokin!

Oh so nice.

kudos..thats a nice sounding guitar you made for tommy h, grez..but why the ivory knobs with black pups covers and switch??..haha

cheers

Tommy likes those knobs :)

This right here is killin me its so beautiful, I dont know what model Barry calls this Grez

yeah that's a killer alright, t…rc allen body form and klira pup!!! classic!!

almost looks like a clipper..hah

cheers

here's Tommy's build I think before he changed up the knobs, Grez correct me here

photo DSCN1429clean_zpsa536ac64.jpg

Thanks guys and yes, I made Tommy's with black aluminum Hi-Fi knobs, but I knew he was going to change them. Separate from the color, he likes the gigantic knobs. Easier to get a hold of in the heat of the moment I think.

The thin, natural finish guitar is a 16" I'm calling a G1. That's what R.C. had written on the mold and I believe it is referring to a Stromberg G1.

Love those guys! Only been hip to tommy a short while but been following the kid for almost 20 years! The REAL deal. Hope that cancer stays away for good and he comes back stronger than ever.

Thanks guys and yes, I made Tommy's with black aluminum Hi-Fi knobs, but I knew he was going to change them. Separate from the color, he likes the gigantic knobs. Easier to get a hold of in the heat of the moment I think.

The thin, natural finish guitar is a 16" I'm calling a G1. That's what R.C. had written on the mold and I believe it is referring to a Stromberg G1.

– Grez

it might be contagious.. I just had custom late 30s gibson knobs molded for me. :) I put some the Grigsby I put together.

cool...thats the old barney kessel trick…so you can feel where your controls are rather than having to keep looking down…

kessels were dark brown tho!! haha

cheers

Tavo, Age the knobs a bit and they'll look perfect. I like dark tinted shellac. Wipe in on and off. Where it collects in the cracks will look like grime build up.........Sounds worse than it looks!

Wow, those knobs are awesome, Tavo! How did you get the knobs made? Got some close-up pics? (please?)

I was originally planning to turn knobs from walnut for my Bigsby project (to match the rest of the walnut trim bits), but these have me re-thinkin' that plan.

I was also considering making resin cast re-pops of some vintage radio knobs that I've collected over the years. 30's and 40's radio knobs have a vibe unto themselves. The beauty of resin castings is that you can make them what ever color you want. For my project, I was thinking of the classic Bakelite brown.

Those do look nice, Tavo. I agree with Grez on the aging.

Tavo, Age the knobs a bit and they'll look perfect. I like dark tinted shellac. Wipe in on and off. Where it collects in the cracks will look like grime build up.........Sounds worse than it looks!

– Grez

I do that with the fender radio knobs as they hold the "Grime" effect well. I used another relic trick for nicotine tint and it didnt work too well. These knobs look too big so I took them off. I'm gonna have some original ones bigsby used, repro'd. Ultimately I'm working on original knobs for my pedals. I'd say I have a knob fetish but the Limeys make fun of Yanks that say such things. :)

those gibby repros are great..but for that beautiful guitar i don't think you should stray too far from tk's laquered black bakelite appointments

i've always liked the cupcake knobs…

btw amplified parts sells both colors

cheers

I bought those from my supplier and they are more yellow than cream so maybe I need to leave em out in the sun for a dayAND they are BIG

Register Sign in to join the conversation