Other Equipment

Coming “soon” from Strymon (??)

The Generalissimo (new name being developed...) -- coming in 2017.

They are calling it a "dTape Echo". The control layout looks a bit like that of a Boeing 747....??

I LOVE Strymon pedals -- I just wish they were a bit less complicated. This one looks like a whole new level of complexity!

And you can guarantee someone will buy it just to use for slap back. Yikes.

– built4speed

Ha! You can count on it. I can only assume that this is designed for studio use. If not, maybe 'someone' needs to get out of the design lab and play a gig or two. Am I being harsh?

– built4speed

You're right!

Slapback is the only 'need' I have for any echo device, so I get the simplest.

I assume this is not intended for pedal board use since there are no ON/OFF/BYPASS foot switches, etc. Looks like it will be a rack device. A few articles on the web claim it will be priced at $599 (US). That's some pretty serious cash for slap-back...!

I wonder if it will include "secondary" functions for all the knobs.....??

The Generalissimo (new name being developed...) -- coming in 2017.

They are calling it a "dTape Echo". The control layout looks a bit like that of a Boeing 747....??

I LOVE Strymon pedals -- I just wish they were a bit less complicated. This one looks like a whole new level of complexity!

– senojnad

....needs MORE Knobs.

I will buy it and sit with it completely nakkid, w a bottle of wine by the fireplace!!:) :)

I will buy it and sit with it completely nakkid, w a bottle of wine by the fireplace!!:) :)

– TheNocturneBrain.com™

No pics please, it would shut down the forum!

Yes Tavo, then you will sell it six weeks later.

Ha! You can count on it. I can only assume that this is designed for studio use. If not, maybe 'someone' needs to get out of the design lab and play a gig or two. Am I being harsh?

– Journeyman

Harsh? Nah.......

Yes Tavo, then you will sell it six weeks later.

– ade

I'm suppose to keep everything I buy to experiment/record with? That completely silly.

You do right, keeping up with the latest gadgets, seeking improvements, drawing inspiration.

The pattern of breathless review followed by rapid flip is quite a funny scenario though.

You do right, keeping up with the latest gadgets, seeking improvements, drawing inspiration.

The pattern of breathless review followed by rapid flip is quite a funny scenario though.

– ade

The only thing I keep is my wife, a good pair of boots, my SSU and a mortgage. The business owns everything else.

We all know that Strymon makes great pedals! Enough with the delays already. I'm just say'in.

when does Strymon have to give NASA their control panel back?

No. Thank. You. Waaaaytoomanyknobs

Could spend the rest of my life figuring out what that thing does.

I'm guessing the demo video will be 4 or 5 hours long.

Register Sign in to join the conversation