Other Equipment

Best standard size pedal for Fender Spring verb

btw.. surfy schmurfy, listen to this anasounds real spring

and a 4 unit mechanical spring round up

What do you think of the Surfy bear metal? Does it do the splatty drip well? There aren't slot of clips with it.

– Diggey

I like it a lot, and yes, drip for days.

I watched the 14 pedal video and just got tired of it after about 6. Maybe I don't care about reverb as much as I thought I did.

After taking my 6144 apart, I found a float spring that was busted (Vintage! Original! Busted!). I fixed it with a paper clip, sounds a lot better. Not drip surf but much better.

https://www.instagram.com/p...

I watched the 14 pedal video and just got tired of it after about 6. Maybe I don't care about reverb as much as I thought I did.

After taking my 6144 apart, I found a float spring that was busted (Vintage! Original! Busted!). I fixed it with a paper clip, sounds a lot better. Not drip surf but much better.

https://www.instagram.com/p...

– Devil's Tool

You can make pedals all day to try to get the response and feel of a mechanical spring reverb tank but at the end of the day..springs and tubes are what brings it. I've got vintage fender tanks, premier tanks, gibb pans etc as well as manufacturing my own reverb tanks. Pedals create their own sound and vibe. Most people in the audience arent going to know, but if it doesnt feel or sound right to you, you dont perform your best. Especially if you have to keep thinking about the stupid thing instead of playing and staying in the pocket.

Ps. Blues reverb guys and Surf reverb guys are apples n oranges. ..well, maybe more like peaches n pineapplesBlues guys are sweet n furry sounding but pineapples grow by the ocean, the salt water is in the DNA.

I have a JHS Spring Tank spring reverb. Very much sounds like a fender spring to me. Cool pedal w/ two levels of foot switchable reverb, so you can set one to less, and then add in more if you want. Effective controls...

If you are interested, I might be looking to move this one, actually. I think I want a super spacey reverb on my board, and will use the actual spring on the amp for when I want that.

Register Sign in to join the conversation