Other Equipment

any one make a combination delay and trem pedal?

Didn't you ask for a reverb / chorus combi pedal a few weeks ago? Maybe you should consider a multi-FX pedal. There are some really good ones out there.

Different combinations occur to me.

Multi FX ok as long as they don't have any distortion features -- that's against my religion.

Research the discontinued Danelectro Wasabi series. They made 5 different combo pedals... but I don't think any of them had the precise combination you're looking for.

If I recall correctly, they had the following dual function pedals-- (mounted in heavy duty metal cases, I might add-- not the cheap plastic cases of the budget Dano effects):

Tremolo/Chorus, boost/overdrive, echo/overdrive, boost/distortion, and forward/reverse delay.

The only one I have experience with is the boost/overdrive, which is an adjustable clean boost on one side and a tubescreamer-type OD on the other. It's lived on my pedalboard for 10 years now, and has always performed flawlessly.

Not aware of that combination, but reverb and Tremolo....yes Link So if you're looking for repeat delay...No, but close to slapback, Yes

Delay w psuedo vibey Tremelo on the wet effect.. yes. The Earthquaker "disaster transport"

key in at 4:57

but if you want reverb and trem.. the strymon flint! I demo'd it ages ago, in fatter times. :)

Funny you should ask - I am just about to make one for myself. It will have a version of the Deep Blue Delay and the old EA tremolo in it. But no, I don't know of a commercially available one. This is where the mini pedals are so good. I really like the TC Mini delay and reverb, and wish they would make a mini-trem. A tiny tremolo should be a piece of cake for them.

Funny you should ask - I am just about to make one for myself. It will have a version of the Deep Blue Delay and the old EA tremolo in it. But no, I don't know of a commercially available one. This is where the mini pedals are so good. I really like the TC Mini delay and reverb, and wish they would make a mini-trem. A tiny tremolo should be a piece of cake for them.

– JimmyR

Two mini pedals...good idea.

Digital Delay

Analog Delay

Tremolo I have this one...quite nice!

Only problem with minis is if you have big feet or lack great coordination, but you can separate them to suit.

While I am not a fan of most Chinese effects companies - mainly because of the Chinese disregard for IP and copyright - I have to say that tremolo pedal's design is clever. It might be worth trying - the way the cover flips over to protect the knobs from being moved is very clever. I have tried a lot of bad tremolo pedals though...

Echolution

While I am not a fan of most Chinese effects companies - mainly because of the Chinese disregard for IP and copyright - I have to say that tremolo pedal's design is clever. It might be worth trying - the way the cover flips over to protect the knobs from being moved is very clever. I have tried a lot of bad tremolo pedals though...

– JimmyR

I understand the sentiments, but I think the 'ironman' series (JOYO's minis) are much their own design.

Let's not forget that Fender's early amp designs were taken from RCA and Marshall from Fender....just saying. And of course the German Company, Behringer, has copied many different amps and make them in Asia at very low price points.

All part of today's global market. Whether we like it or not, it's here for at least the near future.

It's funny - I always assumed Behringer was Chinese because everything I ever see from them is made in China! But your point is fair enough.

What about Line 6's m series? Ignoring the distortion, you'd have all the combos you want. Sure it's a digital modeler, but it sounds like you don't want a million tailored boutique pedals on your board. The M5 is the size of a stompbox... up to the M13 which is the size of a board. All have the same effects built in, you just get more flexibility as you upsize.

Register Sign in to join the conversation